Archery Talk Forum banner

Got my new B-Stinger, have a couple questions..

597 Views 8 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  NY911
Just got my B-Stinger yesterday. One side of the weight is rounded and the other is flat. Which side faces the bow? I put the rounded side facing the bow.
Also, the very first thing I noticed was a BIG increase in the amount of noise and vibrasion my bow has since replacing my Doinker with the B-Stinger. Has anyone else had this issue? I'm shooting an '03 Hoyt Razortech, have alpha shox, sting leeches (switching to cat whiskers today), Teflon cable slide, blah, blah, blah so it's not like my bow is bare or anything. The noise is to the point that I would question keeping this stabilizer unless I saw a dramatic increase in accuracy. My buddy has a Hoyt that is a few years older than mine and its whisper quiet. I would assume with a newer design than his mine should be at least as quiet if not quieter.

Thanks in advance for any help!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
23,637 Posts
I put the rounded side to the rod, flat side out.

I too felt some small vibrations the first few times I shot it, but no elevation in noise output. After 4 or 5 shots, the vibration was not noticeable, and still isnt.

Make sure the disk is on tight, the rod is on tight and so on...I am sure you have done that already...

Just keep shootin....

· Registered
2,351 Posts
Supposedly a nylon washer will help with the noise. I added one on Blair's advice but still is noiser than my Doinker Carbon Elite. All in all - a very nice stabilizer.

· Registered
184 Posts
I've noticed a little extra noise, but I got over that pretty quick when I started seeing how much better my groups are. :wink:

· Smilin' Bob
25,079 Posts
Flat side away.

I could close my eyes and tell you if I had a 3D arrow loaded or a field arrow loaded...directly correlates to the amount of vibration I feel. I for one don't mind handshock, vibration, or anything else as long as the arrow finds the spot.:)

· Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies. Everything is tight and I have the disk facing the correct way. I don't mind the vibration so much as the noise. It's way too loud for my liking. I'll have to try the nylon washer thing. I e-mailed B-Stinger and I'll see if they have any suggestions.

· Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hmmm...I know one of the things their website talks about is how important it is to have a rigid stabilizer so it can do it's job properly. I wouldn't think putting something like a bowjax on it would cause any loss of performance on the stabilizer itself. Does anyone think this may cause a slight loss in performance of the stabilizer?? Where would be the best place to put this, near the disk or near the bow for best results?

· Registered
23,637 Posts
The Bow Jax would be fine. Adding a flexible dampener to the bow, then screwing the B-Stinger into the flexible suppressor is what would not work....THAT would defeat the purpose of the rigid rod and make rotational inertia useless...

The best position is up to you by trial and error

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.