Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Mathews Chill X
5,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am pumped up! I purchased a new bow tonight. This is the first bowtech I ever shot, and I bought it. It is lighting fast even with my 28 inch draw. I shot the Mathews DXT, the Drenlin LD, and the 82nd, and I came home with the best one out of the 3.
I am shooting 70 lb draw with a 28 inch DL. I am wondering what arrows I should shoot to achieve the best performance. I cronographed it, and with my WB rest, the brass nock point, and the arrow at the shot I was shooting 286 FPS. I was hoping for 300 but....
Can you guys give me ideas to help me safely and accurately reaach 300 FPS w/o getting rid of the WB?
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanx Isaac

·
Registered
10,933 Posts
shoot as close to a 350 grain arrow as you can if you want the speed but i would aim for a 400 grain arrow which by my calculations with a 400 grain arrow you would be at 301fps with 80.49 lbs of Ke

·
Registered
267 Posts
Congrats on the new bow!
What grain arrows are you shooting?
Mine are at 375 grains the only difference is my DL which is 29 and I'm getting 335 fps.
The rest of my set up is a ripcord drop away and I went with a D loop and got ride of the brass nock.

·
Registered
28,624 Posts
Lighter arrows will do it.

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
sounds like you were shooting some heavy arrows. That 82nd is rated at 340-350 isn't it?

Aim for an arrow with a finished weight of 380-400 grains.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts