Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up my new Extreme VFT tonight! Maxed out at 61.5 LBS, 27" draw length. The birth certificate says it shot 295 with a 300 gr arrow. I chronographed it at the shop at 254, but the chrono set-up was a little shakey. Anyway, I put a drop zone rest on it, a Simms modular stabilizer, a tru-glo glo-brite single pin sight, and shooting vapor 4000 pro series arrows. Hope Isabel lets me get to the range this weekend, cuz I'm psyched!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Good luck with your new toy! I just got a new Mighty Mite last week. These Bowtech bows are awsome!:D Can't stop smiling about mine.:D

·
Registered
9,862 Posts
Glad to have you on the team and good luck with your new toys!!!!

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This bow is unreal! I was a little concerned just getting it 2 weeks prior to opening day, but within 10 arrows, I'm just about dead on at 20 yards every shot! Talk about smooth, quiet and ACCURATE! I'm in love!

·
Banned
4,304 Posts
Not only are the bows fast, they are sweet shooting and accurate. With all the new VFTs that will be sneaking around this fall the deer are in trouble.:eek: They better watch out for my Pat Dually, too.;)

·
Registered
450 Posts
good deal bowtech's are sweet bows, i got my patriot dually 7 months ago and i've had fun with it ever since.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
I'm impressed

Okay... I'm gonna chime in too.

Yes, I am a *cough* *cough* Mathews shooter, but my shooting buddy (my ex husband.. lol) just bought a Patriot dually. So I said... "let me shoot that thing!" Man was I impressed. I shoot 45#'s but was able to pull his at 50# no problem. Smooth draw cycle considering the draw was about 2" too long for me.. but get this. I hit the center of the orange sticker on a novelty target set at 45 yards! So... needless to say, I am now threatening to take his new bow away from him!!! LOL I have to give it to BowTech... I don't know about the others, but that Patriot Dually is SWEET!

·
Registered
5,700 Posts
i just picked up a bowtech extreme solo cam 2002 model and it's a definate shooter. i did a couple of things and it's quiet as a church mouse and very accurate also. can anyone tell me what the ibo's were on the extreme solo i am shooting at 28 inch draw and 60 lbs and will chrono it sometime this weekend or next week
rob k

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
robk said:
i just picked up a bowtech extreme solo cam 2002 model and it's a definate shooter. i did a couple of things and it's quiet as a church mouse and very accurate also. can anyone tell me what the ibo's were on the extreme solo i am shooting at 28 inch draw and 60 lbs and will chrono it sometime this weekend or next week
rob k

Which brace height model Extreme Solo?

Regards, Pat

·
Registered
5,700 Posts
according to my measurements the brace ehight was at 7 1/2 inches and the axle elngth was right at 35 inches. if your thinking of getting one i would recommend one to you. has a little vibration and hand shock but i am using limbsavers and a leeches and a good stab and it just sits in my hand. it's my back up bow but i plan on breaking it in this year. after i get my first with my ar37. it's new also
rob k

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
robk said:
rob k

At 28" draw, 60 lbs. and a 5 grain per pound arrow, it should shoot right around 290-298 fps. with a bare string.

Regards, Pat

·
Registered
163 Posts
Bowtech IBO Speeds

For all the fellow Bowtech owners on here.
You can download owners manuals, complete with IBO charts, from www.bowtecharchery.com
The manuals are a wealth of information, and cover all the details of each model.

As far as my satisfaction with Bowtech. I have been shooting a Patriot single cam this year. My worst finish in a my 3D season was a fifth place in the open class. I have been in the top three in the open class in all the other 3D shoots I have entered. The bow has shot several groups under 8" at 100 yards, the smallest being a 3" 3 shot group at 104 yards. Indoors, shooting Vegas 3 spots with pin sights, I am leading the league with a 428 average on a 450 round. The bow has improved my shooting to a level where I am now a shooter for a Bowtech dealer.

When I shot another brand of bow ( which shall remain un-named) I was an also-ran, just happy to finish in the top ten.
My shooting improved drastically when I picked up a Bowtech.
Bowtech bows are second to none, as far as I am concerned !! ;)

·
Registered
5,700 Posts
BowTech_Shooter said:
At 28" draw, 60 lbs. and a 5 grain per pound arrow, it should shoot right around 290-298 fps. with a bare string.

Regards, Pat
thanks for the ibo info i am shooting a 400 grain arrow so i am happy with my results so far
rob k

1 - 13 of 13 Posts