Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my new barnsdale limbs today. I opened the package and there was the limbs and two bags of spacers. one bag says .040 and one say .050, there is eight of each . I figured that I have to space the cams. Well I tried two of the 50's in it they didnt fit. Then I put two 40's in it they fit snug and cam is nice and smooth. Then I figured i would put 50's on the outside under the clips. Well They dont fit. And why eight of each spacer? I am confused on what I should do.

I Tried to fit the limbs into the new limb pockets I have. They dont fit , they scratched the limb. :sad: Do I just polish the limb pockets to fit snug or push em in??? Any help would be great

Oh ya my bow is a 07 Ally

·
Registered
4,949 Posts
I can only assume the spacers were sent to make sure you have the cam snug,with no slop,and still able to spin freely,could be one size needed,could be the other.One spacer on either side of the cam inside the limb fork.No spacers needed under the e-clips.
Now the limb not fitting the pocket,something is not right there.Best to contact dave before going any further.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I put all of the 40's in and they cam is a great fit, I have to have spacers on the out side of the limbs big gap on the axles other wise. The limb pocket thing I have to call about. I am blacking the bow out, the limb pockets are new from bowtech, just took them out of the box. I will give them a call too.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i was able to contact barnsdale about the limbs. I was told to sand a little off the sides so they fit in the pocket. They said I must have a diffrent limb pocket????? anywho I had to sand more than a little to get a nice fit. I hope they perform

As for quality I will say A+++ , for fit not quite so high.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts