Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok got home from vacation and there was a nice present waiting for me. My new SZ350!!!

Assembled it which was really easy, installed the quiver, and the string suppressors. Purchased it from Wvern Creations, David was the best to deal with as many of you know. After getting it assembled without any problems I weight the bolts just to get an idea. All weight between 298-301grains without any tip added. I will be shooting 100gr tips and broadheads so this puts me at 400grains total. As you can see I don't have a scope on it yet. It came with a
3-9 type scope and decided after the fact to order the Hawke MAP which is enroute. After reading the manual I used the rope cocker and inserted a bolt. In my basement range I fired two shots at about 10yds just to feel how she shoots. This thing is AWESOME! Alot quieter than my Ten Point was and blazing fast. I'll be off to the shop tomorrow to chrono it. I posted a few pics next to my Excalibur Vixen just for size reference cocked and uncocked. I'll post more once I get the scope on and chrono it. I'm guessing it should hit close to the 350fps mark, my official guess is 341...

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Good luck with it!!!

·
Banned
24,135 Posts
It should do better than 341 with the factory arrow but even at 341 for a 135 lb draw bow..............:wink: I see you got David to install the string stops too:) Nice looking crossbow!

BTW, it's one of the easiest crossbows to assemble I've seen.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, got time to go to the shop today. Ran the SZ350 through the chrono there. Shooting the Stryker bolts with 100gr tips, total arrow weight 400gr. Scope should be here this afternoon Once I get it mounted and sighted in I'll post some more pictures. The bow had 2 previous shots on it, I waxed the string and lubed the rail before shooting the chrono. This bow is really a nice shooter. 355,354,355.... Can't wait to shoot some groups with this baby out to 60 or 70 yds..

·
Registered
18,519 Posts
Good Luck... with your new bow.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Boy!!!! I got to get me one of them!!! :wink:

·
Registered
85 Posts
i wish i would hurry and get mine. guess i was just a little late ordering. could be another month before the dealers have anymore in stock. heard the 380's will be out to the dealers first, so might have to upgrade. did not want the 380 for price difference (being on fixed income limits what i can spend) and did not want the extra pull (health problems can really restrict me at times). yours looks really good. ( a little bit of jealousy here, lol) happy shooting.

·
Banned
24,135 Posts
JT, from what you've just posted you might want to get the 350. With the string stops, it's one sweet crossbow and 350 fps is far from being a slouch:wink:

·
Registered
85 Posts
JT, from what you've just posted you might want to get the 350. With the string stops, it's one sweet crossbow and 350 fps is far from being a slouch:wink:

i have already ordered a sz350, but dont have any idea when i will ever see it.

·
Banned
24,135 Posts
They are making 350's as fast as they can. Yep, it's a good problem for the manufacturer and frustrating for the buyer. I hear they are 3 to 4 weeks away from catching up on orders. I don't doubt it.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok did some finaly sighting in. Finally got to shoot out to 40yds. Will be going for longer distance this weekend. I'll post some 80yd pics Sunday.
Bow shot a 2blade Crimson Croc with the same POI as my G5 tekans and field tips at 40yds. That's not bad at 355fps.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ok well, just got done finally sighting in. Used the above pictured reticle yardages and was right on all the way out to 80yds on the bottom post.

My group at 80yds, buried one arrow. Look at the target, it's literally brand new. That's still alot of KE at that distance. At first I was shooting at my black hole that I have set up at 80yds but I was literally blowing right through it. Took me 10min to find my arrows in the woods.

I shoot off the deck prone from a bag.

below is my 65yd shots, pulled one of em and called it.

·
Crossbow Broke
9,814 Posts
I haven't shot mine out that far, but my 350 stacks on top of each other at 45 yards. That's with field points and fixed blade broadheads. Great post and great pics

1 - 19 of 19 Posts