Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my stand today. I got the decked out version of the tree walker stand. It's well put together but not so simple to use initially. I tried in on a tree today and the platform was pretty stable and plenty of room. What I didn't like about it and maybe I need to get used to it, but putting the pins in the holes through the cable was a real pain in the ass. I seemed to spend a lot of time trying to make it go through. Once I had the tree stand secured, climbing up the tree was real clunky and the screws they use to grip into the tree seem to get stuck in the tree. The mesh they used for a seat was horrible. It was like sitting on hard plastic rope and did not slide on the rails backwards easily out of the way. I will do a picture review of the tree stand later on, but maybe I am missing something here. I spent over $400 for this and it's one of the hardest climber stands i've used. I may get blasted for this, but I am not all that convinced like the reviews I read on these stands. Kind of disappointed.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
the screws they use to grip into the tree seem to get stuck in the tree. I will do a picture review of the tree stand later on, but maybe I am missing something here. I spent over $400 for this and it's one of the hardest climber stands i've used. I may get blasted for this, but I am not all that convinced like the reviews I read on these stands. Kind of disappointed.
keep us posted... will look forward to your "pic" review added

·
Registered
124 Posts
I got mine last year and would not trade it for anything. I had no problems with the pins. After a few times of working the pin through the orange plastic on the cable it will loosen up. It was awkward at first climbing without my feet strapped in. I even put foot straps on mine, but took them off during the middle of the season. I like the idea of not having straps on the platform that you step on. I've got pretty good with it now. Just take you time and you can be quiet. As far as the spikes sticking in the tree, well that's what I want! The mesh seat is a little stiff, but it will get better. I thought about putting one of the Ol Man rope seats on mine because they are softer. Also, a friend of mine has one and he put the Summit rapid stirrups on his to put his feet in.

·
Banned
3,014 Posts
As great of reviews the TreeWalker Stands get...I have not seen a reason to change from a Summit Viper

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
The spikes bite in and make it secure.
The mesh seat breaks in and is then super quiet and moveable
Easy to climb with, once you use it
I love mine

·
13,797 Posts
Like the others have said once you put the pins throught the end a few times it will become much easier. One way to get the seat broken in is to put on the tree then stand on the seat and bounce up and down a few times with loosen it up considerably and take the stiffness out. As far as the screw biting into the tree to much the only time I have had that issue was when I tried to climb while sitting on the bar not on the seat like the directions say to. I have no idea how its hard to climb its by far the best climiber I have ever owne and I have had three different summits and API bowhunt, an ol man climber and a lone wolf sit and climb.

·
The pugs keeper
5,958 Posts
Put that seat around a tree in the sun for awhile and then stand on it. That should do it. I've had a lone wolf and a summit, the treewalker is the only one I have left

·
huntowen1
1,333 Posts
I have had summit, ole man, lone wolf and treewalker just to name a few! The tree walker is by far my favorite. It packs well, has very little fiddle factor when hanging it on the tree, is very quiet once in position and is the most stable and comfortable stand I have ever owned. If you are looking for a light(for its size) stand that is extremely comfortable for the long hunt, it is the ticket in my book.

Thanks,,
chris

1 - 12 of 12 Posts