Archery Talk Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
5,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Had them on V3 for a short bit before snapped on dry fire. Before that cenger serving split before 500 shots, cable servings separated at module bend bend before 1000 shots. Had to shoot in and retune just like Zebras. Flex strings cost half, cable servings are much better, center serving needs to be redone on those too and the stock turbo buttons don’t match original speed nocks. Anyways, half the cost, made in EU and reasonably fast delivery 2-3weeks from order to doorstep.
I’m happy to pay premium for better strings but not doing Threadz again

Also interested in strings made out of Vec99.
Wow that’s not good to hear I am sorry to hear that. Ivan had them on a lot of bows and friends bows with awesome results that really stinks

·
Registered
484 Posts
Wow that’s not good to hear I am sorry to hear that. Ivan had them on a lot of bows and friends bows with awesome results that really stinks
Lot of bad luck seemed to concentrate on that V3. Two dry fires + derailled by a friend, shot my first bow-deer with it but hit spine and had to patch up + felt like it took forever to die.

Got my V3X 33 yesterday as well and just had it set up and it’s feeling lot better. So finally sending the V3 back to get cam bearings checked and probably changed + figure out why it needs arrow pointing down A LOT to shoot BS straight.
V3X eyeballed arrow level, will need to swap top hats when I get the Epsilon later but until that running the trinity at 14/16” but othervise it’s shooting pretty straight for what I can say on 7 yard home range.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Nice looking bow ! Keep us posted.

·
The Impartial Archer
20,941 Posts
I'm not seeing any issues with the Zebra's. In the past I hated them but these are doing fine.

Reactions: vmals and xdr

·
Registered
5,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Threw the strings on tonight I have decided to take my time with this builds to bring the joy back into it and not the rush

Attachments

Reactions: Perry24 and nickam9

·
<------Reese
Hoyt Ventum 33 and KI Swat X1
18,145 Posts
Still gotta setup mine and my dads v3x 33 but theh are getting some Threadz strings but man I like the bow and how they feel I can’t wait to set them up. Gonna take my time with the setups. Waiting on my arrows to come but I am gonna try no back bar this year to keep everything light and simple
Gunmetal and winter camo is a great combo!

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
In the second pic it looks like your cables are twisted under the roller. The color looks great though.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Im loving mine. I shoot a little better with the 6" backbar. But it still shoots great without it. Bubble is level without and almost as steady. I hoping to get by without the backbar too. Using 10" stab w/2 oz on front. These bows are very comfortable to shoot!

Sent from my SM-G991U using http://bit.ly/Archery_Talk_app

21 - 29 of 29 Posts