Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I finally picked up some new arrows for this year...nothing like waiting until the last minute..but guess that's how I roll!

I picked up some Gold Tip Expedition Hunters last night. Went on the Gold Tip page and found the Front of Center calculator... Looks like I'm going to be around 12.24%... Is this going to work out?? Here's my plan:
26.5" long shafts, GT nocks & inserts, 2" blazers with 100grain tips... I'm shooting a '07 Black Ice, 60lbs...25.5 draw length. My old Bemans right now are 402grains, and I'm getting 235 fps. Hoping these may be a hair faster, as they look to end up being about 40-50 grains ligher... Let me know if you have any thoughts... Guy at work says with fixed blade, 12-14% is better??? Gold Tip page shows 8-12%... I'm using 100 grain 4-blade Muzzys..

thanks!

· Registered
2,847 Posts
You will be fine, as long as the arrows are flying straight.

· Registered
15 Posts
Couple of buddies from our club shoot the Gold Tip. But for strenght---hard to beat the Axis by Easton. A freind is up to five Mule deer with the same shaft. As for broadheads, we have had great luck with the Shuttle T-locks (three Blades) with gread trauma on Elk. Not to mention they fly like a dream. I treid to get the Muxxy's to spin test, but the tips always wobbled. I would recomend using G-5's ASD (arrow squaring devise). Made spin testing arrows and broadhead tuning with 3" groups at 50 yards much less painless. Everybody has their rathers, so take it as you will.:tongue::tongue:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.