Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving up to the local club today, and forgot it was the Washington State FITA tournament weekend. There were maybe 40 or so shooters including some pro's

I stuck around for one end to see the Martin guys shoot. I just wanted to post and tell everyone how nice and fun the guys I met from martin and other places were. I was one of only a few spectators and they were nice and asked if I had any questions and talked about their set-ups and equipment.
They even offered me a spotting scope so i could see the targets at 90m.

I was just blown away at the kindness to a beginner who was just hanging around. They didn't know me from anyone and to a man they were kind, polite and approachable. (especially the Martin team shooters) What other sport could you talk to pros who you look up to and have them be so kind. Never in any other sport!

Griv, and others who's names I have forgotten, THANKS!
If we could let the public see this kind of attitude, archery would grow like crazy!You have a new fan and someone who will be pining away for a new scepter III until I get one! Especially after seeing how it should be shot!

I can't wait to toe the line next year!

Pastor Brian

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Pastor Brian,

That's what it's all about...the way archery should be introduced and remembered. Thanks for this post kinda gives you a good feeling about these great people we have involved in the sport.

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
PastorBrian

What a nice way to spend some time, watching the sport you love by the best doing it and making you feel so welcome.
I'd have to say from what I've seen here on Archery Talk and the film's I've watched that the Martin staff would be amoung some of the best people in archery.
This sure needs a bump back to the top.
Thank you for sharing your story. WR

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
With all the PM's, phone calls and running service at Martin its hard to believe George has any time to shoot. Of course he is one thats gifted and does not need massive amounts of practice at this point!
The service I have gotten From GRIV and Martin Lotz has kept me comming back to Martin for updated equipment.

Pastor Brian, how about that 90m stuff, cool huh!

:)

Sean

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
90 m.

The 90 meter stuff is awesome. I tried a couple of times, and with only pins out to 60 yards, it was really nice to hit the target!

These guys have softball sized groups at 90 m!!!

I never felt positive or negative about Martin stuff before, but those scepter 3 shooters were getting it done! The lone mathews gut I saw was all over the place! (His bow was nice though!-no harm intended!)

I just wanted people to know how cool these guys were!

Does anyone know some of the other guys who were there representing Martin? (Dwayne? etc...)

Thanks- Brian

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
brian,

besides griv, the other martin shooters were martin lotz, mike mead, dwayne montgomery, ken siemering, todd and ham from martin, rick morgan, jerry stevenson, and many others. i was the lone ultratec shooter at the shoot which shows how much loyalty to martin there is here in washington. i just wish i could shoot a martin as well as my cam/2.

we are always glad to see spectators show up to mingle and ask questions. hope to see you next year on the line with your new scepter.

be well.......jay

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks jay!

I wasn't really interested in the target side of the sport of archery, but I am looking forward to getting into it!

A scepter 3 might be a little out of the price range at first, but you gotta have goals!

By the way, i remember you with the ultratec, you did very well as I remember! Nice job! Do you live near Puyallup?

brian

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
maybe less pork:D

·
Registered
2,775 Posts
LOL good one ken!

How about now avid3d? :)

·
Registered
498 Posts
lol.....

Hey Goerge,

Was that slimfast or what? May I have some? It seems to work very fast. lol.....I will send you some pics of me ok! :D

Bob

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
i didn't realize that the incredible hulk was into spots.......

griv, you obviously are quite the photoshop wiz to achieve such a VAST contrast LOL......

and bobby, great to see you posting. let me know next time you will be at the shop and i'll drop by for a visit and pick your brain......

·
Registered
498 Posts
Hi Jay.......

I heard you shot well. Good job. Did you shoot FS or pins this weekend?

What do you need help with. If you want, send me a PM. I will be down at the shop a few times in the next 2 weeks.

I will try and contact you when I can get a ride OK?

See you soon.

Bob

Kenny, any more pics from this weekend?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Griv-
Maybe you can market the extra around the middle under Martin and call it an additional front stabilizer!

You guys were very cool this weekend and I thought others should know. It was nice to interact with you all as you were competing, I hope I wasn't distracting.

Say thanks to Dwayne and the other guys who were great as well!
thanks-
Pastor Brian Wilson

PS thanks for banning that Jerry Guy, I was starting to get addicted to reading all the posts...kind of like a real life soap opera!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts