Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ok i got an archery turkey in the spring with my Mathews Q2 and got it all on film! well i got the vid for you guys and some pix so tell me what you think about the mount I did on my first archery turkey! The head was done by none other than Cally Morris! It had 11 inch beard and 1 1/2 inch spurs! it was 25lbs!! link to the vid of my shot below, it is the bottom clip!

http://www.huntersprostaff.com/turkey.htm

·
In 'Da Head
24,266 Posts
Yeah baby!!! Nice job!:darkbeer: :) :) :first:

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Great tom- what did the mount cost ya?

·
Registered
246 Posts
Cool mount!

Nice bird! Congrats on taking him with the bow too! I'm glad you posted the mount pictures because that is the exact pose I am having done to a bird I took last spring. The taxidermist told me I was the only one in his 12 year career to request that pose (he does between 12-20 birds a year too). Looks like I'm not the only one in the country who likes a walking half strut! C. Morris is doing the head of my bird, as well. That mount looks great.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Awesome Mount!! I am also waiting on a mount from last spring that I am having done in a half-strut pose. Can't wait to get it.

Thanks,
Matt

·
Registered
28,624 Posts
Super nice bird good going

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
Great job and nice mount!!!!!!:darkbeer: (No beer for you though!!!!):)

·
BuckWheat
718 Posts
Awesome man, I have took several turkeys with my bow in the fall but I haven't been lucky enough to take any in the spring. The mount is great and so is the video.

·
Registered
7,893 Posts
TOTALLY AWSUM.....once in a lifetime gobbler there my friend.....AND with a bow thats just AWSUM...................

1 - 17 of 17 Posts