Archery Talk Forum banner

Got to shoot a Mathews Monster today

765 Views 10 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  Perceval
I was at my local shop here in North East, PA shooting my spot league and saw that they finally got a Monster in stock. Well it's a demo, but I guess they are starting to ship them now. Anyway I was pretty impressed with the bow overall. It was pretty smooth for the cam design and was dead at the shot. It has no noticable hand shock and it's real fast.

If I hadn't already bought a couple bows this year I would strongly consider this bow. If you haven't taken the plunge yet you might want to go and shoot one. If in the Erie area I shot the bow at Dave's Archery. Do yourself a favor and atleast shoot this thing before you decide on a bow. I kinda wish I was more patient and waited.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
480 Posts
i personally thought the monster was somewhat ugly lookin, i am not a fanboy but i believe mathews makes quality bows...i was a little disappointed in at least the look quality of the bow, i have not shot it yet though

· Feedback- storyteller_usa
14,392 Posts
ONE Hint. Shoot it before you make a statement.
You will be shocked at the preformance of this bow.
NO hand shock..

i personally thought the monster was somewhat ugly lookin, i am not a fanboy but i believe mathews makes quality bows...i was a little disappointed in at least the look quality of the bow, i have not shot it yet though

· Registered
480 Posts
ONE Hint. Shoot it before you make a statement.
You will be shocked at the preformance of this bow.
NO hand shock..
thats why i tried to qualify it with saying i was dissapointed in looks, i have been there as its shot and seen it shoot, i think it will be an awesome shooter, i was just saying personnaly i do not like the looks of the bow.

· Registered
291 Posts
I shot one today ,its an awesome shooting bow. Everyone should shoot the bow before they bash it. I think all the bows out today are great bows, depends on what the person likes, wants to shoot. I ordered one today 29" -80#,cant wait till it gets here.

· Feedback- storyteller_usa
14,392 Posts
The one I shot had less vibs. than the bows with the String Suppressors.
Mine had the Dead stop on the bow.
I would suggest you shooting one of these Monster bows before making up you mind for a 2009 bow.
I robinhooded 2 arrows back to back with a 28" Monster @ 40 yards this last week.
Lots of good and BAD on the internet about bows now days.
JUST GIVE ONE A TRY BEFORE BASHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How are they without the string suppressor ?

The dealer said they are an add on acc.They should come stock with them . The Monster I shot did shoot very well with no hand shock and it was quiet . :) Dave

· Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
How are they without the string suppressor ?

The dealer said they are an add on acc.They should come stock with them . The Monster I shot did shoot very well with no hand shock and it was quiet
I'm pretty sure your dealer is mistaken. The one I shot had a string suppressor on it. They are behind the stabilizer bushing on these unlike their normal setup of top and botton limb.

· Registered
915 Posts
we will find out with this bow sets the standard for being to fast, and how long them limbs last. I know of a reezen that splintered already
average-speed bows also have splintered limbs , those PSE X-Force limbs seems to be though so far . besides a manufacturing flake you can have misuses
of the bow like shooting too light arrows , wrong pressing , etc .....
i've read a thread on this board about breakage of two set of limbs on a A-MAX 32 , i won't conclude that those A-MAX limbs lacks reliability .......

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.