Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got this one right at dark hunting over some standing corn. He was 18 yds., slightly quartering to me (pics are the exit side). It wasn't hard tracking through the snow, he went about 125 yds!

Attachments

·
Registered
17,328 Posts
CONGRATS on a great lookin' late season buck!!! Ain't nothing sweeter than puttin' it all together this late !!!

·
Registered
5,232 Posts
Way to check in late! COngrats!

·
Registered
762 Posts
Congrats!! Nice to see a good one taken after all the gun hoopla has transpired! Hope to do a little of the same in a couple weeks!!!:darkbeer:

·
Registered
36,982 Posts
Heck of a fine buck , late or early season .. Congrats

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Congrats on a late season kill!!

Nice buck!

·
Registered
7,084 Posts
Beautiful deer

Nice, nice, nice!

Down here in Texas, we have over three months to hunt deer with archery equipment. However, while we have pre-rut, rut, post-rut, etc., we don't really consider seasons as early, late, etc. Weather is generally mild compared to what the mid-west, north and northeast states see even early in the year.

I've killed 20+ deer here in Texas with a bow, and a couple of them have been really nice ten point bucks. I even shot a 5x5 elk on public land in Wyoming with my bow. However, my dream is to sit in a tree on the edge of a corn field in Illinois, Iowa, Ohio, or even Alberta or Saskatchewan in hopes of seeing a real 200+ lb, heavy horned bruiser like this one.

And while on that subject, if anyone has had personal experience with a good outfitter up there who offers fair chase hunts with a reasonably high probability of having such a buck within 30 yards in a one week hunt, please let me know!

Merry Christmas to all,

45er

·
Classifieds Administrator
39,204 Posts
Congratulations! Great buck! :thumb:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts