Archery Talk Forum banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

· Registered
1,680 Posts
How is the inside of the line any easier to see than the outside of the line? It's smaller, so if anything, it's harder to see.
Because if it's touching the line or pulling the line at all it's OUT.

· Registered
1,680 Posts
I call B/S! What about spot shooters? It's the higher number if touching line! Same thing. Now shooting the metal animals with hole in is different, it's either in, or smashed!!!
Good idea, Steel targets it is.

Reactions: Sudduth49

· Registered
1,457 Posts
A couple of the clubs around me do a wire shoot - the scoring ring is made out of wire and the arrow is definitely either IN or Out. SOMETIMES however the arrow hits the wire and bounces off or breaks the wire (physically).

· Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Not being a jackass, but obviously they were missed. The courses are supposed to be certified by someone I believe, and really a day or 2 before, someone should walk the courses to be sure no leaves or branches/sticks have found their way in front of the targets

· Registered
149 Posts
The courses are walked several times especially in the morning to check core damage, bear damage, bent stakes (seams like some people think it's necessary stand on top of the stake)
24 miles of walking that particular weekend can attest to our walking them, we cut down several trees Fri morning that potentially could have fallen and hurt someone. Just wanted to assure you that these courses are checked regularly.

· Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
The courses are walked several times especially in the morning to check core damage, bear damage, bent stakes (seams like some people think it's necessary stand on top of the stake)
24 miles of walking that particular weekend can attest to our walking them, we cut down several trees Fri morning that potentially could have fallen and hurt someone. Just wanted to assure you that these courses are checked regularly.
Hey, I don't want to start an argument, and you seem adamant about checking the courses. But, the target that I personally am referring to at Franklin had a 4 or 5 inch tree that obscured 1/3 of the 10 ring when standing so I was touching the stake( as the rule states you are supposed to). That tree did not grow overnight, it did not get blown there by a rogue gust of wind. It was there and the target was placed there behind it and the stakes were placed in a position which caused your line of sight (and arrow path) to be impeded.
My intent behind starting this thread was to try and bring light to problems and complaints that people have with these shoots and hopefully get them fixed, it was not to point fingers and cast blame so please don't take it as such. But some of them are obviously not looked at by the set up crew with the same eye that the shooters use. Each target should be looked at as though you were going to shoot it and the scoring rings open as per the I.B.O. rules.
I am truly sorry if you took it as a personal attack, again not my intent.

· woodsman78
3,473 Posts
My bone to pick with the IBO happens every year around this time! Well IBO were are the shoot times at????

· woodsman78
3,473 Posts
Yes indeed but they have always posted the shoot times regardless of late registration , it just seems like with all of the electronics things could move a little quicker.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts