Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a easy to use GPS unit under $200, won't use many options on the more expensive one's,any suggestions.

·
Registered
33 Posts
My personal preference is for Garmin. They have several great units in the price range you are looking for. Check out www.gpsonsale.com for some great prices.

You say you won't use a lot of the features and bells and whistles that the higher end models come with. Don't sell yourself short. The ability to load your areas topographic map into the unit or something like auto routing can be very handy.

My choice out of the bunch has been the Garmin Map60C. It's proved to be a great little unit.

Semper Fi

·
Registered
344 Posts
Gps

I picked up a Garmin etrex legend from buy.com a few months ago. Great unit with lots of features. Cost about $140 with shipping.

·
Registered
5,591 Posts
Spend about $250 online and get the Garmin GPSMap60 (no "C"). You really don't need the color screen, and you'll get almost exactly the same features as the 60C. I just got one a month ago, and it is great! I decided I couldn't handle the single-stick entry system on the left-hand side of the eTrex series, and I'm glad I spent the extra $100.

Best Regards,
Byron

·
Banned
1,066 Posts
I like the Magellan SporTrak Pro myself. I believe it's right at $200.00 and later you can get the USA Topo CD for $100.00 and you can download any topo area your hunting.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts