Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is everyone using out there to weigh their arrow components etc?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Just a flip open pocket digital scale off ebay for like 15-25 bucks

·
Registered
5,928 Posts
OMP Arrow scale is a good one. Probably as mentioned above, one off Ebay will be just fine.

·
Back Yard Champion
29,736 Posts
Digital weight scales are popular, just that you need to level them and sometimes use something so the points or arrows won't wander around or roll off. Some nice ones only go up to 500 grains and anything over and left on could ruin it.

I usually use my Homac magnetic balanced scale. And the one pictured rarely. It is accurate, but only as I noted. If not the reading will be off slightly, but consistent enough to say points or arrows weigh the same.

$20.00 when I bought it. Weigh Max, model BX-500. Gives grains, grams, ounces, dwt.

Attachments

9,031 Posts
Hi,
I have 2....the US Balance which is pretty darn accurate and will weigh up to 500g x .1g, and the Carbon Express which is limited and will weight up to 100g x .02g. The US Balance came with a 100g weight for easy calibration while the Carbon Express did not come with any weight for calibration. The CE does have a larger platform to put items on. Both are very reliable. Cheers!
Fred

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
I use a hornady digital powder scale. A little bit of overkill for arrows, but i already had it for reloading brass cartridges and shotshells.

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts