Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
have bow-will travel
3,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
How many grains of arrow weight are you guys using per pound of bow weight?? I am at 6 GPP. Also what % FOC are trying for??

·
Registered
855 Posts
I like medium weight arrows for everything, I use 6 to 7 gpi overall weight. My foc is around 12% which works fine for me. My total arrow weight for a 70 pound bow is usually 415 to 450 grains depending on fletchings and head weight.

·
Banned
10,353 Posts
My set up falls right at 5.8 gpp (406 grains at 70# draw weight) and my FOC is a hair shy of 14%. I usually aim for 10-14 % FOC.

·
Registered
10,204 Posts
I have 2 bows set to hunt.

1 is at 5.2 gr/lb with a 9%foc

the other is 5.4 gr/lb with a 8%foc

I would like to get a higher foc for both setups, but without changing arrows. I've got what I've got. No problems though, still getting real good flight with bh's

·
Registered
580 Posts
I'm at 5.8 gr / lb and my FOC is in my signature just shy of 14%

·
My Elk Hunting Home
32,364 Posts
7.42 gpp on my 60# bow, and 6.36 gpp on my 70# bow. As for FOC, I can't remember exactly, but I believe it was around 12-14%.

·
Blade Maker
640 Posts
I like medium weight arrows for everything, I use 6 to 7 gpi overall weight. My foc is around 12% which works fine for me. My total arrow weight for a 70 pound bow is usually 415 to 450 grains depending on fletchings and head weight.

That just about sums up my setup as well. Works great for me.

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
4.95gr/lb As I kill more and more deer at 312gr, I'm leaning towards moving up to around 6gr/lb or so. While I'm getting pass throughs on every kill ... seems like my 378gr arrows were going through faster. I ordered a dozen Easton Axis from a Mountain Archery "sale" a few weeks ago and if the covered wagon they shipped them on ever gets here (assuming they HAVE shipped them) ... I'm going to work on an arrow in the 360gr range.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts