Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Eric
4,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 11 yoa old grandson Riley has been hunting hard this season and he was able to kill a small doe yesterday. He made a great heart shot with my 7mm-08 at 76 yards, he
was pretty excited and pumped to say the least. This is his 4th deer even though it was the smallest deer he has killed, he was still pretty excited. The gun was rested on my
dead shot field pod and he was being very careful making sure the deer was broadside before taking the shot. I was beginning to think he was taking too long and the deer
might go back into the woods before he decided to shoot, at the shot the deer ran forward and fell dead about 40 yards away, leaving a very good blood
trail with the 140 gr Berger bullet that he was shooting. I have to say He has been a trooper in the cold weather we have been having here lately and didn't give up
even though Paw Paw was about done. We enjoyed the day together relaxing and watching movies before having to take him back home. I have been blessed with
8 Awesome grandkids that like to come hang out with Maw Maw and Paw Paw. Here is a picture of Riley and his prize doe.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
both of you will remember this forever!
norm

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Awesome job Hester! Congrats to him.

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
Congratulations to you both ! Very special right there !

·
Tacos de Lengua! Sabrosa!
4,348 Posts
Congratulations to him and you. That’s what it is all about. Making memories he will carry the rest of his life!

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Congrats to both of you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Congrats to you both, it’s great seeing the younger hunters out.

·
Eric
4,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks everyone, I told him he's getting to be a real hunter, I've very proud of all 3 of my grandson's they listen real well and are very safe with handling my crossbows and my rifles.
All 3 of them have killed deer now with many hours of sitting and hunting, they are learning what it takes to get it done and in a few more years they'll be ready to sit by themselves.

Thanks again,
Eric

1 - 20 of 23 Posts