Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,

Thinking of trying something new this year. Intrigued by the Hybrid. Curious on how some have done with the GD Chisel tip. I see a lot of decent reviews on the COC except the Tip maybe being a little ..lets say, bendable and not to many say that, just the only random negative comment iv come across. Any experiences with the chisel tip? Also Fixpandable by Bowhunter1 caught my eye but virtually no real reviews except from those who are sponsored by. Any real world .02 on either would be very appreciated. Or any other Hybrids that yall love. Don't know why exactly just feel the need to try a hybrid this year.

·
Registered
3,372 Posts
I've killed with the Grave Digger COC, chisel tip and the Grim Reaper Hybrid. I really couldn't tell the difference in the COC and chisel tip GD. All entry and exit holes were great, blood trails short and nothing went over 50 yards. I'm sticking with the chisel tip just because of personal preference for the tip. They are outstanding heads!
Killed two with the Grim Reaper with good and not so good results. A buck I shot everything worked well and he ran 50-60 yards. I shot a doe 1/4 away and put it on her last rib and exited just behind the off shoulder. She made it 150 yards or so with an OK blood trail. When field dressing I could clearly see on the rib cage one blade didn't open on entry or exit. Might have been a fluke but I've never had that with the Grave Diggers.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
I have also killed with both and have been very impressed with the head. I am going on my third or fourth season with them. I switched to 125 gr heads and have a quiver full of the all steel chisel tips.

I think I have killed 13 deer with them and have had 12 pass throughs. All blood trails have been above average to excellent and all heads have been washed and could still be used.

I prefer the chisels but have not noticed a real difference in flight or damage caused to the deer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts