Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
guys there is going to be a great 3d this week end at the boars nest in spencer indiana. the owners name is Josh Walls. he is just a good ol boy that drives a dump truck for a living and decided to by some targets. He has 30 targets out and will be shooting both saturday and sunday. He will also be hosting the Indiana ASA Stae championship. He has all kinda shots, open fields tunnels in the woods angled shots. Come check it out this week end!!!
you can call him at 812)829-8965 for directions or give me a call 8123698529 and will get you there. also mention your from archery talk when you get there.

· Registered
398 Posts
I shot there this weekend it was awesome

· Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ttt ill be there sunday look for me ill be shooting a green apex and my friend will be shooting my pink elite you cant miss it, come say hi and ill buy you a hot dog and we'll talk archery

· Resident Philosopher
11,705 Posts
Supposed to be nice this weekend...
up for a fellow Hoosier !!

· Registered
12,283 Posts
If ya'll haven't shot the Boar's Nest you've missed out.
Lots of up and down shots, good variation on distances, good targets (even if they are McKenzies which means I have to ugh! to pull arrows), crushed rock paths, good eats, and friendly folks.
Some interesting shots like a pair of turkeys set among some decoys and a lion on the pond dam.
Family that owns the place does a great job and deserves support from 3D folks in South Central Indiana.

Special to Golfnut...since I couldn't shoot Sunday and shot Saturday instead, do I get a rain check of something on the hot dog???? I'll pay the extra for the coney sauce...its worth it.

· Registered
10,619 Posts
Gonna be there in the morning. I will be sporting a white POSTEN shirt (my name is on the shirt) Shooting my Alphamax with flo. green and brown strings. My wife will be with me but not shooting. Give me a shout if ya see me.

BEN

· Registered
10,619 Posts
Is this just a one weekend shoot or do they have regular weekly hours for shooting too?
They have a schedule. They are having an unscheduled shoot this weekend, cause their season opener last weekend happend to be the same weekend of the indoor nationals. So he is having a bonus shoot this weekend for all of us who were in Louisville last weekend.

· Registered
683 Posts
Is Nancy's still goin?

If so how did you guys get so lucky as to have two great 3D shoots in one area? Can you post a schedule of both shoots including the latest available shoot time on Sunday, I want to come after church. If not are they both still shooting on Sat?

· Registered
10,619 Posts
If so how did you guys get so lucky as to have two great 3D shoots in one area? Can you post a schedule of both shoots including the latest available shoot time on Sunday, I want to come after church. If not are they both still shooting on Sat?
3 is the latest sign up time.

I was the first on the course today, and took me about 2 hours to shoot it. I shot it, my wife walked with me and kept score. Good shoot. Bad shooting:embara: but good shoot.

Yes, Nancy's is still the number 1 shoot in the area, but for the Boars Nest 2cnd year, it is an outstanging place to shoot as well.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.