Archery Talk Forum banner

great book

523 Views 5 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  fxdrider
Do you want to post like a Guru, then read the book Instinctive Archery Insights.
Seriously, the best common sense book I have read on the subject of shooting a stickbow. There's no fancy aiming technique. Just solid theory on how the mind works in archery.
Not to shame other posters who claim they know all about instinctive shooting, but read this book and you'll giggle when you read some of the theories mandated here.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
90 Posts
...read the book Instinctive Archery Insights.
Seriously, the best common sense book I have read on the subject of shooting a stickbow. There's no fancy aiming technique. Just solid theory on how the mind works in archery.
Not to shame other posters who claim they know all about instinctive shooting, but read this book and you'll giggle when you read some of the theories mandated here.
Is the author Jay Kidwell? They have a book by that title at 3RiversArchery. Just want to make sure it's the same one you're talking about.

· Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dr Jay Kidwell

That's him, great great book. Most how to books tell you to do this and that. This book actually explains what is going on mentally when you shoot and how to go about it in a smooth, fluid fashion. He gives great insight on how we go about focusing internally and externally. Just understanding that has helped me sharpen my focus and helped me increase my accuracy.

· Registered
90 Posts
Thanks guys. I'll have to put that book on my "must get" list. I have a couple of handgun shooting books that delve into the mental/psychological aspects of shooting pistols. They helped me out a great deal back in my days of competing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.