Archery Talk Forum banner

Great Free FP Target

457 Views 4 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  PAstringking
Just thought that I would share this with everyone. Maybe it's old news but here it is anyway. I collected feed sacks from the guys baiting with corn at the hunt camp. These are the white plastic woven fabric type as seen next to the finished target below. I balled them up one at a time and started shoving them into a bag I made out of a piece of burlap tied like a tootsie roll on the end. Kept shoving bags in until I couldn't get another in and still be able to tie off the other end. Spray paint some dots and voila- target. I have been shooting this thing like crazy and it is holding up like a champ. Roll it over, stand it up, whatever angle you want is good to shoot at. By the way, I shot the group from 40 yards with my brand new z28. I have only had the bow for 2 months or so and it is my first compound in 22 years. I couldn't be more tickled with my progress. I think that if I keep shooting 100 arrows or so a day that I'll be in the zone with this bow come fall. What'cha think?

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
769 Posts
nice

target and progress. I make my targets myself. I actually have some poly bags that are a little thicker than the ones you buy deer corn in and I stuff them full of whatever I can find. Bags like you have used..worn out t shirts and socks work great. Also if you have a textile mill nearby they gave me a couple of thousands of yards of 2nds 2 stuff my bags with.

One tip. Dont shoot them with broadheads it will blister through your target so fast it will make your head spin. I thought I would save some money and stack two of these together and shoot broadheads into it. Instead I ended up losing an arrow because it sliced and diced all that cloth inside so fast there was no friction to stop the arrow.

· Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
"One tip. Dont shoot them with broadheads"
Yeah, I was thinking that it would be no good for broadheads. Are the cardboard targets good for bh practice?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.