Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

· Archery Addict
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So exactly how long does it take the NFAA to post the results from the tournament????? I mean, there is enough termoil over having a split tournament, you would think that at the very least they would do the shooters the courtesy of posting the results as quickly as possible.

· Registered
6,681 Posts
As soon as all the sites submit their results to the Councilman they can be compiled and posted. Last I heard they were still waiting for one state to get their stuff in.....just one of the issues of having to deal with multiple sites :).

>>------>

· Archery Addict
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
In this age with high speed internet and computer programs that basically do everything for you, there should be minimal wait. Take a couple hours, plug in the numbers and click send.

· Registered
457 Posts
I thought that they had to send the cards in to be verified before the results could be posted? Could be wrong, as this was the first time I had ever shot a two day, multi venue event. Either way doesn't much matter for a guy like me, shot 599/90 so my score is basically irrelevent. I thought that it was run really well overall at the midland site and I know Carol was putting scores into the computer as the cards came into the counter. Even at the state shoots in which there are only a couple locations and a relative few shooters it often takes 4 weeks or more.

· Registered
1,299 Posts
In this age with high speed internet and computer programs that basically do everything for you, there should be minimal wait. Take a couple hours, plug in the numbers and click send.
The scores getting posted has a lot do to with the clubs that host the tournament actually sending in the score cards in a timely manner. The scores can't be posted until the score cards are received. Same goes with the registrations and the fees.

· Registered
5,504 Posts
Why don't you guys lighten up. It is always the NFAA's fault. for every thing . I don't know when GL had their shoot, but I just had mine yesterday. I have 16 different places to report to me. so far I got 8 . I do every thing by E mail. No cards & it still takes time. First of all I won't be publishing any thing until 5 days after I send all of the results back to the hosts to see if there any changes because there is always some one don't know the style they belong in. Once I know everything is ok, Then I send them out to the hosts, the directors & HQ. for publishing.

· Registered
7,294 Posts
well......if you need the instant results, there's always the single site option again.

not every location has the shoot on the same weekend. no idea why, but that's just the way it is. something should be said about having all locations shoot on the same day. give them 5 working days to get their results in or they dont get included in the final results.

separate weekends and several locations make compiling a little slower.

· Registered
5,504 Posts
well......if you need the instant results, there's always the single site option again.

not every location has the shoot on the same weekend. no idea why, but that's just the way it is. something should be said about having all locations shoot on the same day. give them 5 working days to get their results in or they dont get included in the final results.

Only reason for multiple sites is to increase participation. other wise they don't come.

· Registered
5,504 Posts

NFAA has no control as to when the shoots happen. IT is up to the directors of the sections.

· Registered
6,681 Posts
TH, I can end your suspense for you......;). List I have that is in the process of being verified shows a certain Tony H. with a 600-119x leading the AMFS division.....all unofficially of course so you didn't hear it from me ;)!

As someone else already alluded to, with something like 10+ sites having to get results posted, submitted to the Councilman who then has to go through verifying results (i.e. those who were listed as having 97x's....on their first day :D!....for example, or the competitive bowhunters who were putting up 300's and averaging mid-50 x counts each day, and a couple other eligibility and classification issues) which usually takes several days tracking down the personnel who ran the shoot to ask the questions, etc., etc., takes time. Would be nice if everything was submitted correctly in a one-shot to the Councilman within 24hr......but not likely to happen due to good ol' fashioned human error. As brteste stated, best way to get rid of the time delay, return to a single site format :D!

Until then, just straightening out a couple people's classifications and then results for the Great Lakes should be ready to go.

>>-------->

P.S. Great Lakes is now hosted on a single weekend across the section, does speed things up, but still have to correct input errors, wrong classifications, etc., before final results can be posted.

· Registered
1,299 Posts
TH, I can end your suspense for you......;). List I have that is in the process of being verified shows a certain Tony H. with a 600-119x leading the AMFS division.....all unofficially of course so you didn't hear it from me ;)!

As someone else already alluded to, with something like 10+ sites having to get results posted, submitted to the Councilman who then has to go through verifying results (i.e. those who were listed as having 97x's....on their first day :D!....for example, or the competitive bowhunters who were putting up 300's and averaging mid-50 x counts each day, and a couple other eligibility and classification issues) which usually takes several days tracking down the personnel who ran the shoot to ask the questions, etc., etc., takes time. Would be nice if everything was submitted correctly in a one-shot to the Councilman within 24hr......but not likely to happen due to good ol' fashioned human error. As brteste stated, best way to get rid of the time delay, return to a single site format :D!

Until then, just straightening out a couple people's classifications and then results for the Great Lakes should be ready to go.

>>-------->

P.S. Great Lakes is now hosted on a single weekend across the section, does speed things up, but still have to correct input errors, wrong classifications, etc., before final results can be posted.

Thats what I had figured too for the results. Good job Tony!

· Archery Addict
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks for everyones input. I totally agree with the multiple site tournament to make it affordable for more people to participate. Participation and involvement is definitely needed to help grow the sport. I do agree that all sites need to shoot the same weekend within the section. I am sorry for sounding so negative about getting the results, just used to shooting the split tourney sectionals in the Midwest and knowing the results right away. Anyone know the unofficial X count of the winner of BHFS?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.