Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just have to give some praise to My sons School. A month ago I started talking to my sons teachers about him going to Nationals in Louisville, KY. And that He would be missing 3 days of school. They were all for it, and offered to help any way they could. At that point all I asked is to keep it quite so he would not start slacking off like Boys will do. He is 10 yrs old.

Well, last Wednesday 3-4-09 after talking with My sons teachers, and discussing grades , Homework, Ect. so he would not miss any work for the days he will out. His teachers gave it to him over the weekend. So he would not get un excused Absents grades. We told him that he was going to Nationals.

He flipped. Jumping up and down, Pumping his fist, and hollering at the top of is lungs with excitement.

The really COOL thing about this whole experience is what the Whole school is doing. They are Having Benchmark testing on 2 of the Days He will be out. A Different Teacher offered to help out and Let My son take the test with her during her off time, and other volunteers are filling in for the rest of the time until he is finished testing.

Now for the Principal, Today I talked with her about my son missing school for the 3 days. She told me that she already knew what was going on and thought it was GREAT what we were doing. That she is very excited for him . (This is where the CLASSY part comes in) She said that for what He was going for and what he is trying to achieve in his sport, that they might be able to over look the un excused absences, and grades.

This is the same LADY that let him shoot his bow in the school talent show last year. And took some flack for doing so. But still let it happen.

WHAT A CLASS ACT. Of her and the Teaching Staff.

And THANK HER and staff for supporting our sport.

BRAD

· Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Very Impressive!
i agree wholeheartedly about the school & principal being GREAT! i think we could also say your son has GREAT PARENTS!
Thank You,,But I have to give him all the praise. His Real Mom and I are divorced.Have been so sence he was 2. So Instead of having self pitty, and rebelling. He has taken everything head on. And is in GT classes.(Gifted and Tallented)along with everything else he does.Archery, Football, Basketball, Hunting, Ect.

Plus I just received an email from his teachers and he got a 90 on his benchmark.

· Registered
5,550 Posts
Congratulations to the both of you and Kudos to the teachers and Principal at your school. Not often where you hear of them going the extra mile like this. And do not underrate your influence on your son's upbringing , if you hadnt been the man you are it could have easily been a different story.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.