Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every once in a while I will see a post from someone wanting ideas for bow tip protectors. Lot's of good ideas from baby bottle nipples to folks making their own leather ones. But I came across something that works amazingly well, are cheap and don't interfere with the string loops or string. They are Plastic Screw Thread Protectors. Just google it and you will find them. The 1/4" size seems to work best for me on my longbow with teeny tiny tips. I found some red ones that matches the red glass on the back of my longbow.

They were a little long so just took a sharp knife and cut about 1/8" off.

Then waxed up my bottom tip and slipped it on.

Looks great and fits tight and the red color matches the red glass perfectly. And does not interfere with the string.

About the only downside might be if you get the bow wet. You would probably have to remove it to let things dry. But then once dry, just wax up the tip again and slip it back on. i bought a ton of these for about 10 bucks and now I have tip protectors that will last a lifetime.

All the best to you guys!

Steve

·
Registered
354 Posts
Another great tip maker is the Plasti-dip stuff that's made for pliers handles and such. Just dip the end in let it dry a couple of times and then roll it off. It makes a custom fit reusable tip protector.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Cool idea. I wonder how that will work on the little Uukha limb tips.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
I have tried some different things on my SX+ limbs with little success. The liquid electrical tape only lasted a day and the kwikee tip protectors come off when I shoot.

Right now I have the soft rubber one from 3 rivers on the bow. I believe the brand may be kipper and it seems to work.

I will pick up some rubber vacuum caps today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts