Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
TreeRatNation Lead Rat
6,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This past weekend the South Stanly Middle School shooting team took the NC District title at Camp Barnhardt in Badin NC. My son along with 4 other super kids that I have had the pleasure to coach for past 2 years put it all together to win all 5 catagories (Hunter Skills testing,Archery,Shotgun,Rifle,Orientering) to claim their first ever District Championship which sends the with an automatic bid to the State Comp. in Ellerbe NC. Joe, my son shot a 199 5x score out of a possible 200 in a 10-15mph cross wind claiming the highest score among both High School and Middle School scores which consisted of around 100 young men and women shooting Archery. As a team we averaged 192 5Xs and took the over title in the Archery for Middle School as well. Thanks to Jerry at South Shore Archery for all his help. I have to say Im so very proud of these kids who dedicate 3-4 days a week to practice and giving it their all. I have to say my son, Joe, shoots around 300-500 arrows a week and is dedicated to his Archery skills. He was shooting a new bow this year in the Elite GT500 at 51 lbs with 500 CX X-Busters built by Jerry at South SHore Archery,and a Stan SX2 Trio release.. He dropped his 17th arrow in a 9 ring. He deliberatly put his bow down took a few secs and pinwheeled his last 3 arrows for a total of 199 and when he turned and smiled at me, we both knew what he had just done. I lost it emotionally and couldnt have been any happier!! He walked over and said thanks dad and gave me a man sized hug..

Any of you that have watched your kids accomplish something they put their heart and soul into as he has know where Im coming from and all these kids deserve everything they have EARNED!!! Thanks to each one of them Joe,Meagan,Cobie,Tripp,Christian, for your hard work and efforts. Sorry for the long read but this is worth every key stroke to bragg a little for alot of hard work from some terrific youths and may they keep the ball rolling to Nationals this year..Here is a pic of the Archery team and my son recieving his plaque for winning the over all Archery division.. Thanks to every one on AT who has helped me learn what knowledge I have to tune and set up bows for these young men and women to shoot the best that they can. I owe it to all of you who share your knowledge on here for me to pass it on to our youth these day.. Thanks AT and all of you on here..

Attachments

·
Registered
574 Posts
Congratulations to your son and the whole team! I also want to congratulate you on doing a wonderful job as Coach!

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
That was a very good story, thank you for sharing.
Congrats to those kids, very well done!!!
Congrats to you as well coach!!!
Good luck at State, may y'all go to nationals an take home the title!!!!

·
TreeRatNation Lead Rat
6,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks again, its easy to coach kids that have the desire to work hard and improve with practice and hard work. If we get to go to Nationals, this year it will be in New Mexico if im not mistaking. This would be the oppurtunity of a life time for these kids to experience....

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Congrats to the kids and you... Nice work

·
Arrow Whisperer
11,105 Posts
Thanks again, its easy to coach kids that have the desire to work hard and improve with practice and hard work. If we get to go to Nationals, this year it will be in New Mexico if im not mistaking. This would be the oppurtunity of a life time for these kids to experience....
Thanks for the pics! Let me know when you are ready and we will get him setup for the next go around!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts