Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

· Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will post this here. My buddy Stieny posted awhile back about me leaving for Afghanistan. Well here I sit been here at FOB Gardez for about two weeks. I spent about 3 days in BAF, then finally made it here. It is a small FOB with the basics showers and porcalain toile:thumbs_up. We live in 8 man huts not bad living at least we are not on cots... Our Sqaudron to it 1st KIA this past Sunday along with 2 WIA it was of course a bad day... This place is like the wild west it is very remote all our supplies come in either on Jingle truck or Air ie helicopters no landing strips for a C-130 well thier is a landing strip in Gardez city but they have to send a QRF down thier to secure it LOL... Anyhow half to go...

· Registered
253 Posts
thanks for the post--thanks for your service and God bless you and yours--I am constantly trying to find news about Iraq and Afganistan so I can keep up with your good work--be safe, be careful and come home to us. LOL

· US ARMY
963 Posts
hey

I was at Pheonix for a year and came home last April. Hope you and your buddies stay safe and all come home. I know what you are going thru. Send me a PM with your address. I have a bunch of archery magazines I want to send to you

· Registered
1,324 Posts
I will post this here. My buddy Stieny posted awhile back about me leaving for Afghanistan. Well here I sit been here at FOB Gardez for about two weeks. I spent about 3 days in BAF, then finally made it here. It is a small FOB with the basics showers and porcalain toile:thumbs_up. We live in 8 man huts not bad living at least we are not on cots... Our Sqaudron to it 1st KIA this past Sunday along with 2 WIA it was of course a bad day... This place is like the wild west it is very remote all our supplies come in either on Jingle truck or Air ie helicopters no landing strips for a C-130 well thier is a landing strip in Gardez city but they have to send a QRF down thier to secure it LOL... Anyhow half to go...
tommy whats going on man? got my new xforce in the other day. be safe bro let me know if you need anything

· Registered
3,868 Posts
I'm sorry for the loss of your friend and we'll hope for a speedy and successful recovery for the WIAs. Keep your head down and know that we're proud of what you guys are doing. :darkbeer:

· Registered
13,543 Posts
Thanks for the post and thanks for your service on our behalf. I pray God protects and blesses you and all of our troops over there.

· Registered
226 Posts
Best of luck and God bless you.
I was there in 02 and going back soon.
We used to refer the Jingle truck as a "Clingon War Vessel". Only those that have been over there know why we called it that.
Keep your head down and come home safely, my prayers and thoughts are with you and your families.

· Registered
1,736 Posts
Keep up the good work and stay safe. I along with everyone else appreciate everything you all are doing over there. Thank You :thumbs_up :thumbs_up :thumbs_up :thumbs_up :thumbs_up :thumbs_up :thumbs_up :thumbs_up :thumbs_up :thumbs_up :thumbs_up :thumbs_up :thumbs_up :thumbs_up

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.