Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cloud Sky Daytime Building Window

Hello Archery Talk!

I'm a long time competitive shooter with firearms and I got into 3D archery in South Florida a few years ago after shooting a friends compound bow. I was instantly hooked! I create competitive shooting events for firearms on a regular basis and I recently decided to see if I could try my hand at 3D archery events at one of the facilities I also shoot at.

I'm in the initial planning phases and I want to learn, explore, and discuss all things archery from gear type as a competitor to materials needed as a match director to successfully and safely run an event.

however there is a twist...;)

This is going to take place in an privately owned prison (empty) in Florida on 1000+ acres. We will be shooting inside, outside, on top of and around the prison property. I'm thinking post-apocalyptic vibes in a target rich environment.

Since we will be shooting down prison hallways, through cell bars, into cells, and off roof tops as well as outside I need a lot of help on trying to figure out what material and need to do it safely as well as any and all feedback from you guys have as to what you think would be fun and not fun.

I've done a few a proof of concepts shooting small targets to test the viability and to me as a competitor and novice archer I think it's a lot of fun. I'm also biased and I need honest, objective feedback.

Anyway.. that's one heck of a long winded hello but that's why I'm here and I'm looking forward to shooting a zombified target or three across a prison yard into the car they are sitting in. Does that sound fun to anyone else?

If anyone reading this is in South Florida and wants to go to prison with me in the next couple of weeks hit me up. We're taking a few targets out and setting up some courses of fire to hash out some ideas.

-Todd 馃

Registered
View attachment 7645576

Hello Archery Talk!

I'm a long time competitive shooter with firearms and I got into 3D archery in South Florida a few years ago after shooting a friends compound bow. I was instantly hooked! I create competitive shooting events for firearms on a regular basis and I recently decided to see if I could try my hand at 3D archery events at one of the facilities I also shoot at.

I'm in the initial planning phases and I want to learn, explore, and discuss all things archery from gear type as a competitor to materials needed as a match director to successfully and safely run an event.

however there is a twist...;)

This is going to take place in an privately owned prison (empty) in Florida on 1000+ acres. We will be shooting inside, outside, on top of and around the prison property. I'm thinking post-apocalyptic vibes in a target rich environment.

Since we will be shooting down prison hallways, through cell bars, into cells, and off roof tops as well as outside I need a lot of help on trying to figure out what material and need to do it safely as well as any and all feedback from you guys have as to what you think would be fun and not fun.

I've done a few a proof of concepts shooting small targets to test the viability and to me as a competitor and novice archer I think it's a lot of fun. I'm also biased and I need honest, objective feedback.

Anyway.. that's one heck of a long winded hello but that's why I'm here and I'm looking forward to shooting a zombified target or three across a prison yard into the car they are sitting in. Does that sound fun to anyone else?

If anyone reading this is in South Florida and wants to go to prison with me in the next couple of weeks hit me up. We're taking a few targets out and setting up some courses of fire to hash out some ideas.

-Todd 馃
Dammit.... Now I wanna come to Florida for a 3D shoot.... Can you hold it in the winter months so I can come shoot somewhere warmer than Pennsylvania???

Registered
I like it. My only worry is ricochet from concrete and steel. Besides that it sounds fun. I'd shoot if I were closer.

Reactions: --->

Registered
South FL is were I'm paroled lol, curious about location from PB/Broward line? Everything is timing and this could be good time. See plenty of horse stall mats in your future too,lol, as there has to be plenty of concrete and metal around the target areas.
@--->

Registered
50# Bear Grizzly, 40# Galaxy Black Ridge Longbow
Very cool! Zombies come to mind, it looks just like that prison season in TWD. Already a spooky setting! Good luck. I鈥檇 be very interested if it wouldn鈥檛 cost me a weeks wages to get there!

Registered
A variety of genre would certainly be an attraction. Jurassic Park, ok...zombies, Mad Max, and then insane distance challenges.
And maybe a Pro Archery Shop to feed the need.
Huge potential with good planning and drawing shooters from all corners of the US.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts