Archery Talk Forum banner

Grim Reaper Help??

802 6
Was shooting the 85 grain razorcut heads into my block target and noticed that the blades do not open upon entry as seen by the face of the target. Im sure they are open inside the target. Shouldnt the blades peel back to give me the full cutting diameter upon entry?? Also I noticed they make alot of noise during flight. After 4 shots one of the blades is loose and will not close completely. I disassembled/cleaned and everything seems fine. Any ideas??? Not happy so far with these heads. Also one of the heads out of the package had bad threads that I hald to clean up.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
908 Posts
First off mine do not open fully upon entry as well, that is normal. I cant see why they would be making noise.

The biggest downside to the reapers is that after multuiple shots into a target the cups get stretched out and this is why your blades are loose. After this happens the only way to fix it is to replace the cups.

If you call Grim Reaper they will send you some cups for free, at least they did me. I was also told that they are fixing this problem and the new cups should be available very soon.

· Registered
447 Posts
Grim Reaper

I shoot Grim Reapers and mine do not open fully on the entry either. However when I shot them into a foam target that they flew completely through I could see that they were opening by the exit hole. I havnt had the noise problem and had heard the same about the new cups. There customer service is really good, I have recieved new cups and blades from them for free.

I hope this helped. PM me if you need anything

· Registered
5,442 Posts
Don't worry about the entry hole.. Shoot one into a deer and see what happens.

· Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the info guys. I will give grim reaper a call. There is definetly some noise during flight. I will shoot the reaper first followed by field points and there is a big difference. Try it out and see if you notice it also.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.