Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have used many different broadhead over the years and have had great success. I feel the biggest reason for this is having the bow properly tuned and taking smart shots. With that being said, I have been using the Grim Reaper heads for the past few years and have enjoyed the success I have had with them. This year I decided to switch things up a bit and try their Hybrid Head. This is a fixed/mechanical head and I was torn at first.

After getting the Hybrid heads I decided to test them out in the backyard. I shoot BEA Zombie Slayers with the brass insert and use an Athens Rev 6. I shot the first Hybrid head at 20 yards and it was spot on. I decided to move back to 50 yards. Same result! There heads fly amazing and I had zero tuning issues.

During the hunting season I used the Hybrid head for every animal I harvested. In fact, I used the same head for all of the animals I killed.
Buck in PA
Buck in OH
Doe in PA
Fallow Buck
Wild Boar
Mouflin Ram

The blade is still in amazing shape, sharp and in my quiver. I really like this broadhead from Grim Reaper. It flies well, has a great cutting diameter, opens easily, blades are built solidly, and they look cool!

Enjoy and check them out!

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
I to have shot Grim Reaper heads for years and love them, with no issues at all. I bought a pack of the Hybrids this year to try. They fly good. However, I didn't shoot anything with them except for foam targets so I can't comment on the durability. I'm glad to hear they are holding up good. I'm surprised more people don't shoot these

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts