Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Screwed on my new 2 inch cut Mathews addition heads. Noticed that there is a rattle when I tap the arrow with my hand. I posted this question on another forum and one guy said all his do this and that it is normal. Seems like a lot of noise for normal. I checked to make sur they were tight and it seems the noise is still there. Any suggestions or is this normal? Thanks for your help

·
wannabtradguy
15,322 Posts
I cant recall mine rattling. I'll be able to tell you on friday when I get everything set up. also make sure you have that little spot on the rim set right.

·
Registered
6,623 Posts
I have no explanation for it, but it is a VERY normal thing with Reapers and quite a few other mechanical heads as well. However, I assure you that they do not make a peep in flight and you have nothing to worry about.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I just shot a bear last week with mine (reaper), no noise and WOW what a hole. First time for a mechanical head for me. It won me over.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
These are the two inch blades. Do you think the blades are the problem? I still plan to shoot them. Anyone have a suggestion on fixing the problem?

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
I bought 9 last year and killed 7 deer with them. They were the worst penetrating heads I've ever shot so when I was getting stuff ready for this year, mine made a "clanking" noise as I threw them in the trash can.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Dont know how grim reapers are designed but had swhackers last year that did that and I took alitle soft string wax thats not supposed to freeze and put it in where the blades fold and noise gone. Worked for me and that design but do at your own risk. Dont want someone blaming me for their bh not opening. The way the swhackers are I didnt see where they wouldnt open and if they didnt you still get a 1" cut.

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
I bought 9 last year and killed 7 deer with them. They were the worst penetrating heads I've ever shot so when I was getting stuff ready for this year, mine made a "clanking" noise as I threw them in the trash can.

Wow...7 kills and worst penetration...now that's a first! Ha Wish you would've sent them to me. Mine pass thru like butter :wink:

·
wannabtradguy
15,322 Posts
dang it man. I wish you'd have sent the to me too. I'd a paid the shipping !! to anyone else that doesnt like them, I'll PM you my address. lol

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Mine make a sound too..........the sound of death.......they call'em Reapers for a reason. :wink:

"WORST penetrating head"?????????? seriously????

I am not saying there are not a lot of good broadheads out there.....or that some folks find others to suit their taste more closely...but to say a reaper is the WORST penetrating head? 7 dead deer seem to nullify that statement.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts