Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys shoot this head into? I hit my BH target with it 3 times and now I have a hole I can see all the way through. (This thing is thrashing my target) :mg:

·
Registered
152 Posts
I used it once or twice, saw the same then and then just started using the normal one. and keep those blades for practice only. and have a spare set ill put on when hunting.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I still shoot it from time to time to make sure it will fly with my field points. Other than that why use it?

·
Registered
784 Posts
yup. just shoot it a couple times. no need to shoot it so much

·
Registered
13,076 Posts
I shoot mine into my BH target and it works great. It makes a bit of a hole, but not that bad. It doesn't penetrate nearly as much as a normal broadhead, so the damage is not very deep either.

·
Registered
446 Posts
i shoot it on every arrow i plan on putting in my quiver, then i keep 1 arrow out and shoot it once a night until season is here, then i just shoot field points to keep my form.

·
Registered
510 Posts
I gave mine to my 5 y/o to "practice" with. If I'm broadhead tuning I'm doing it with the actual broadheads.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Made a smaller bag target. Plastic bag similar to burlap, packed tight with rags and zip tied the top of it. Works great for the GR practice tip, not so good for real broadheads. It stopped them, however thought I would never get my buddies arrow back out of the rags. He was shooting slick tricks I do believe.

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
I use them all season on my hunting bows on a block or Glendale buck. They are both extremely durable, but come out of he buck allot better.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts