Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm shooting 60# and i tried rage and hit a doe perfect and i didnt get a pass through. Will i have better luck with reapers?

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
I'm a huge fan of Grim Reaper broadheads and I'll recommend them to anyone. That being said, I can't sit here and let you think that you put a perfect hit on a deer with a 60 lb bow and another broadhead was the reason you didn't get a pass-through.

Could it be the hit wasn't as perfect as you thought it was?

Just throwing it out there :embara:

·
Registered
40 Posts
If you go to the rage website and watch their video of kills, there are not a lot of pass throughs. I have shot grim reapers and they did a bang up job. I am trying rage this year, I have seen the entry wound they made and was amazed so I decided to give them a try. If I dont like them, its back to grim reapers.

·
Banned
3,965 Posts
Grim Reapers will penetrate better than Rage. I have only shot 1 deer with Grim Reapers that I did not get a pass through & thats because the shot was a tad forward. I did however break the shoulder facing me, 2 ribs, & it stopped in the off shoulder. I doubt any broadhead would have got a pass through on that shot.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Grim Reapers will penetrate better than Rage. I have only shot 1 deer with Grim Reapers that I did not get a pass through & thats because the shot was a tad forward. I did however break the shoulder facing me, 2 ribs, & it stopped in the off shoulder. I doubt any broadhead would have got a pass through on that shot.
You don't mention in your reply how many times you didn't get a pass thru with the Rage. Have you ever shot them? I know of at least a half dozen guys this year that got pass thru's on elk with the Rage. I have got pass thru's on everything I have shot with the Rage. That being said, I am going to try the Reaper or the EPEK next year just for something different.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts