Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read all the great reports on the razortips 1 3/8 and am wondering if I need to sacrifice one of the actual hunting broadheads to make sure they hit the same as my fieldpoints.I know they usually come with a practice head but I bought some from a friend and he had already used the practice head.I just dont want to wound an animal.Thankyou and good luck to everyone:thumbs_up

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
You should practice and see for your self. I use their 1-3/4 heads and love them. Although mine are close, but not exactly the same as tips.

·
Banned
3,014 Posts
Yes...they will hit like your field points.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I just went to the grim reaper 1.3/4.....I shot a bear last week with one. WOW. I could not beleive the hole and the blood trail was great. I was a fix blade guy all my life, but now I am shooting the reaper for sure. And yes, they fly like my field points. I shoot out to 80 yards, and they fly great.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
The Grim Reaper heads hit exactly where my field points do, but I believe I'd still shoot one just to make sure.............Good luck............Hillbilly.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
I would shoot one. Shoot it as little as possible to feel confident and touch the blades up.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Mine fly the same..... I don't know how close your season is but I have extra practice heads.... if you want to pm me I could send you one. Just trying to help a man in need...let me know..

·
The Impartial Archer
18,273 Posts
If your bow is in tune they will.......If it's close they probably will.......But if it's poorly tuned even some mechanicals can drift a bit. You need to shoot them from "your" bow because it doesn't matter how well they shoot for others….

·
13,799 Posts
PM me with you address and I will send you a practice head. I have an extra laying here right now.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts