Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up the 3 blade grim reaper mechanical with what they claim as a 2" cut. Although I haven't been able to try them out yet, the broadheads look wicked. Anyone here have any experience with them?

· Registered
4,507 Posts
Stay away from heavy bones they will bend. I would not reuse them with out replacing the ring,spring,and cup. I have had the spring fail to keep blades closed after one shot. The ring holding the blade is a weak spot. They start to bend and break the cup holding the blades. Still a pretty good head.

· Registered
586 Posts
Have killed mature, big bodied bucks in Tennessee, Illinois and Oklahoma as well as a black bear in New Brunswick with the Whitetail Special Pro Series. All four pass throughs that put the animal down in seconds and under 75 yards with blood trails you just walk along till you see the animal you already heard crash. Durability has been, in my opinion just fine, couple heads damaged when they hit rocks after the pass through with enough momentum to do damage. Even if they are a one and done, knowing they are doing the job of harvesting the target animal as quickly and humanely as possible is worth it to me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.