Discussion Starter #1
my bow is 59# throwing a 360ish gr arrow at around 280 fps. around 60# ke

could i use grimreapers?

would i lack passthroughs?

just want to know thanks

·
Registered
735 Posts
double lunger like hot butter deer won't know what hit it till it's to late. let me know when you draw first blood with them.

·
Registered
24,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
double lunger like hot butter deer won't know what hit it till it's to late. let me know when you draw first blood with them.
do you use them?

i hear alot of good thing about them. just really want to try them

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Im gonna try them this year im shooting a 378 grain arrow at 266 out of my admiral and i will hopefully get back to you this weekend and and post some pics of a deer.

·
Registered
24,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
let me know how they work.

they way the blade angle is it looks like they will really penetrate. look well designed.

·
Meat-N-Taters Kinda Guy
Chill-R for hunting, Barnsdale My Addiction ST for punching holes
15,533 Posts
Grim Reapers

I've used Grim Reapers on and off for several years, with great success. I always keep some on hand, in case my newest head of choice dissapoints. ( I am a broadhead junkie, I like to try them all...) They always fly great, and I have only had 1 not be a complete pass thru...that one hit the off side ball joint of the shoulder and stuck. Very durable too, as once I got the animal quartered out and the head removed it was in useable condition...no bent or nicked blades or anything. I think that you will be happy with the performance of this broadhead.

·
wannabtradguy
15,322 Posts
you'll sell all your fixed blades. :)

·
Registered
24,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well it sounds good so far. thanks

·
Registered
361 Posts
took my first deer this year with grim reapers. I was hhunting everyday after work and was rotating between grim reapers and slick tricks. And the day I shot was the day i had grim reapers. the deer dident go but 3 feet and was a 30 yd shot.

entrance

exit

·
Registered
24,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
post some pics of animals dead with them.

also post your hunting set ups please. thanks

im not shooting over 30 yds on game so i think my bow has the power for that

·
Registered
361 Posts
Sorry I am shooting a 09 BLK ice 65# GT XT hunters. no crono so im not sure the speed but it did cut threw him like nothing I also hit ribs going threw and it shredded them on both sides. I think you be alright.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
This will be my 6th season using them and they haven't failed me yet, here is a pic from 2007, this deer barely knew anything hit her!

Attachments

·
Registered
376 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
24,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
thanks

·
Banned
3,965 Posts
I shoot considerably more KE than you but I'll post a couple pics. My set-up is in my signature.

·
Registered
5,622 Posts
I shoot considerably more KE than you but I'll post a couple pics. My set-up is in my signature.
Sure would love to see pics of that 163 5/8".

Any buck over 150" taken with archery gear is a trophy indeed, and i love looking at them.

Come on AR_Headhunter, show us the 163 5/8".

1 - 20 of 24 Posts