1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Hypodermics

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
You'll get haters for both. Either will most likely work but being mechanical there's a chance for failure. The Hypodermics have a reputation for being the best of the Rage heads and do devastating amount of damage. They also fly very much like a field point IME. I have never used the Grimreaper so no comment on them...my buddy uses them and loves them. Pick the one that looks the coolest to you and go with it...lol...that's really about the best way because they both work and both have failures. You'll never get a thread like this to end with a consensus of which is better unless one or the other is complete absolute junk which isn't the case here.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Both......Ive shot the grim reapers for the last three yrs and had great success with exellent blood trails and short track jobs. I started shooting the hypos this year and have only harvested one doe with them so far and she piled up within 20yds of the tree. Blood trail was decent but didnt start til about 5 yds from where she piled up on a true double lung shot. I switched to them because of there simplicity aswell as entrance wounds. Love em so far but I still have my grims....

9,036 Posts
I do like Grim Reaper razortip. Have never had a failure and the elongated "chisel" tip allows an angled shot without energy loss. Never had a failure to open and never had a blade break...that is a biggy in my book. This is the 6th year of using the grim reapers with approximately 25 animals taken.

·
Registered
6,792 Posts
I prefer the spitfires over the reapers, but I prefer the hypo's over all other mechanicals. I have shot 2 big does and 1 turkey this year so far with the hypo's and axis arrows all were pass thrus and all 3 animals combined didn't go 50-60yds total.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I have shot only the reapers and no complaints.. The spitfire intrigues me because of the resistance to close back up on non pass throughs where others can open and close fairly easy while inside the animal.. On a non pass through what mechanical head has the best chance of doing more damage while inside the cavity without closing?

·
Registered
35 Posts
In the deep six version i prefer the fatal steel reapers. They fly great, are dependable, and are tough for a mechanical. I actually have killed three deer with the same head and finally bent a blade on the the third one. As for the hypodermics, in my experience they have been one and done's. The deep six version hypos also rattle real bad. With standard threads I say they six one way half a dozen the other. I have no complaints about either one.

·
Registered
6,792 Posts
Any front deploying broadhead is going to close back up and come out including spitfires. Rear deploying broadheads are better in that case.

·
XX78 User
4,951 Posts
I'm not sure but I'll be shooting both this next year. Can't go wrong with either.

·
Registered
8,302 Posts
I have killed deer with both this Hera; Hypos and Fatal Steels. Both worked very well and deer did not go far.

·
Premium Member
26,863 Posts
I am shooting chisel tips and hypos out of my Evo max,reaper razor tips out of my axe 6 and revenge and spitfires from my vendetta dc. I like them all but if it came down to one,it would be the rage hypos in 100 gr. I used the reaper fatal steels this year,killed a 10 pt with them but wasn't overly pressed with them, I like the razor tips better and want to try some reaper hybrids. Grizz

1 - 17 of 17 Posts