Archery Talk Forum banner

Which do you prefer

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have about 7 of the standard 100gr Spifires I used for compounds but have really been looking at the Reapers new Xbow heads? Which head do you prefer for the Xbows and why??

·
Registered
18,519 Posts
Not ... even close ... Spitfires.

·
SWAMP GANGSTER
3,998 Posts
I love grim reapers!! My brother and I just took two black bears in Onterio with them and the performed great, I was shooting the 125gr(40 yards dead bear) and he had the 100gr(60 yards dead bear). JMO

·
Registered
339 Posts
I'm not knockin grim reapers, never shot them...but i've killed a truck load of critters with spitfires!!! :thumbs_up

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
I now only shoot SpitFires. They get the job done with no problems. I shoot a 450 gr. arrow at 265fps. and I had all pass thews. The blood trail was great. I like that you can use practice blades to sight them in with.

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
I took 2 deer with the spitfires last year. It left a solid 1" plus hole through both sides of the deer on both deer. Why change what is not broken.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Wouldn't the reapers be less likely to deflect? I have used both, but not enough to make a judgement call between the two.

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Wouldn't the reapers be less likely to deflect? I have used both, but not enough to make a judgement call between the two.
Spitfires deflecting= urban myth

·
Registered
31 Posts
I shoot the Grim Reaper White Tail Specials. There are 2" with 3 blades. They leave one HECK of an exit hole. My only issue is the entrance hole. My predator shoots 375 fps and the head is literally inside the deer before it gets opened up. Not a very big entrance hole. Search Grim Reaper on Youtube and you will see some of my video's using this head.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts