Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Fat Jesus
29,130 Posts
From what I could find people like the razortip. The ones with the little blades in the chisel point.
Yeah that's the one...The Trocar style tips seems to penetrate better and it's stronger.

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
I've seen several different brands that have the small blade out front curl when they hit bone. In my opinion, the razor tip is much more durable. If you hit bone, you'll be better off with the razor tip. If you don't hit bone, you'll get a passthrough with either model. The added cutting surface added by the razor cut is not worth its potential drawbacks. If someone chooses the razor cut because they think it will help them penetrate better, then they probably aren't shooting enough energy to be shooting a mechanical in the first place. Just $.02 from someone that uses the Razortip.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Here is the only Grim Reaper that I use...

BTW... I know of a few guys that had used GR's but have switched to something else. I can't remember the reason's why but they didn't like them. Personally I think they are a good looking bh but I don't like any that open like they do. I've had bad experience's with bh's similar to that design.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts