Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Matthews VXR 28 | QAD Ultra HD Rest | Black Gold Ascent Verdict | Shrewd Stabilizers
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didn't want to bring up super old threads but the only info I found on here referencing Grizzlystik broadheads was from years ago.. I'm debating on the overkill 125 Silver Flame, Day six Evo or the Iron Will vented in 125. At $54 bucks the grizzlystik seems the most budget friendly then next up are the Evo's and of course the top of the line are the Iron Wills.. I'm not hunting giraffes or Buffalo capes just good ol Alabama White Tail and a few Coyotes so I don't know that I need to spend $100+ on Iron Wills. My question is are the $54 Grizzlystiks a good option? I plan on "running" the grim reapers and a good fixed head this upcoming season and have counted out all of the other fixed heads after research.. what are your thoughts on those three brands? Pay top dollar for piece of mind or pay $54 bucks and rock out with the Grizzly Stiks, or middle of the line with the Day Six Evo's? I'm not gonna lie the videos of those crazy shots with the grizzlystiks has me leaning that direction! Shooting Easton axis 340s Hit inserts at 450 grains total arrow weight 15%FOC 70#DW 27DL

·
Registered
367 Posts
I think the day six evo has the best steel of the 3 mentioned. S30v is top shelf stuff.

Reactions: 0HnoNotAgain256

·
Registered
686 Posts
I didn't want to bring up super old threads but the only info I found on here referencing Grizzlystik broadheads was from years ago.. I'm debating on the overkill 125 Silver Flame, Day six Evo or the Iron Will vented in 125. At $54 bucks the grizzlystik seems the most budget friendly then next up are the Evo's and of course the top of the line are the Iron Wills.. I'm not hunting giraffes or Buffalo capes just good ol Alabama White Tail and a few Coyotes so I don't know that I need to spend $100+ on Iron Wills. My question is are the $54 Grizzlystiks a good option? I plan on "running" the grim reapers and a good fixed head this upcoming season and have counted out all of the other fixed heads after research.. what are your thoughts on those three brands? Pay top dollar for piece of mind or pay $54 bucks and rock out with the Grizzly Stiks, or middle of the line with the Day Six Evo's? I'm not gonna lie the videos of those crazy shots with the grizzlystiks has me leaning that direction! Shooting Easton axis 340s Hit inserts at 450 grains total arrow weight 15%FOC 70#DW 27DL
Give Bryan a call at Day Six, he lives down there in Alabama and hunts all over that state. I’m sure he’d love to talk to you about it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Matthews VXR 28 | QAD Ultra HD Rest | Black Gold Ascent Verdict | Shrewd Stabilizers
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well you know it's bad when your dealer says go with another brand.. I called grizzlystiks dealer and he said to be honest I'd go with day six or iron wills LOL.. yikes so I guess grizzlystik is out of the discussion 😬

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Give Bryan a call at Day Six, he lives down there in Alabama and hunts all over that state. I’m sure he’d love to talk to you about it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just got off the phone with Day Six.. I'm sold!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Please tell what you have learned.
Not to bash any other brand.. BUT... here's the tea :coffee:... Grizzlysitks are massed produced in China along with the majority of the other mainstream broadheads, there is literally a link out there where you can see the facility and buy directly from China at HALF the cost and even get the grizzlystik logo on your stuff LOL! Aside from that, like I Mentioned earlier, their own dealer recommended I stick with Day Six or Iron Wills.. The biggest difference between the Iron Will and Day Six is the steel choice, granted A2 is harder but the process in which both are produced they both will fly through bones and create passthroughs on just about anything if your bow is tuned properly. However, A2 is prone to rust which ultimately effects sharpness. The Day six went with replaceable blades to avoid having to re-sharpen and their aim was surgical steel quality. Day Six is 100% American Made with no outsourcing whatsoever and the S30V steel Day Six uses is the knife maker and blade smith choice of top notch steel! I live in a very humid area and the last thing I want is rusted over broadheads! If I'm going to pay the coin, FOR ME I'm going with Day Six! To top it all off for me, from a customer service perspective, I called at 7p.m they called back at 7:30 and we talked for about 30 minutes, really just B.S'n about hunting! I haven't encountered many brands out there where the MAIN guy calls you back to chat about their product and not even really trying to "sell me on it" just stating facts. There friends with Iron Will, and have shot Iron Wills, they just opted to go a different route with the same concept, bone shattering, surgical steel sharp heads that have a crazy warranty and replaceable blades! So.. FOR ME, I'm gonna place my order and give them a shot, I love supporting small businesses anyway so that's another plus for me. Hence they don't have a lot of free stuff, sponsored shooters, etc.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Good luck with the Day 6 I've heard allot of good things about them. I was going to give my vote to IW wide 125 i shot them last year and killed 4 animals with the same head just sharpened each time i also chipped the tip of a blade called and they replaced it no questions asked and it was a pretty small chip. Also i had zero rust issues but i did coat them with some oil at the beginning of the season. Good Luck on the trail this fall

1 - 8 of 8 Posts