Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering what you guys are using to hold your bows while hunting off the ground. I just got a matrix and ready to try it out!!!

·
Registered
260 Posts
I hunt Turkey's with a bow out of a ground blind and the best thing I have found is a device called the "Vertical Advantage". It consist of a "Y" piece of alluminum that hold two small diameter fiberglass rods that are adjustable with set screws. It is held in place by your stabilizer and allows your bottom cam to act as your third axis creating a tripod. I think it will cost you around $35, but will last forever. This will allow you to stand your bow on the ground in front of you in the vertical position. All you do is pick it straight up and shoot. It doesn't get any better than this in my opinion. I think it comes in black or camo. I hope this helps.:)

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
I got a bow holder from Double Bull. Its a rod that goes into the ground about a foot then a bout a foot and a half above ground with two flat rods that you slide the bottom limb inbetween. Works fine in the Matrix. Thanks Rick!

TEXAS

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
Thanks Rick!
happy to be of service amigo! :D

I like those vertical advantage type stands. I have one similiar to that and it is great.

It looks something like this.

rick

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
I was born with my bow holder.....Stabilizer rests on the top of my left thigh, cable guard on my right thigh. When hunting on the ground things can happen way too quick...when I say way too quick I mean "instantly" and I don't want to be trying to extract my bow from a bow holder although the ones that are attached to the bow permanently such as shown above will probably be pretty quick.

·
Registered
17,328 Posts
The one above on the Cabela's link is the ground blind bowholder of choice for me. They work great and are the only way top go, IMO. Best part is that they are cheap so you guy buy some extras. Good luck and good shootin'

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
I have a couple like the one in the Cabela's link. It works great and keeps my bow/cam off of the ground.....unlike the one Rick posted about. I just don't like the idea of the cam/string being in the dirt.

Also, you can go to Home Depot, get a long piece of round aluminum and make your own. You just need a bench vise and some large pliers. I made one for my son and then dipped the "bow holder" end of it in a rubber dip a couple of times to add thickness of the rubber.

Greg

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
bow sling

I really like my Balcom bow sling. You can use it in all situations and works well when sitting, standing or walking to and from your stand.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts