Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To any of you with some whitetail experience from ground blinds. Are most of your successful blind set ups on field edge/clearings,or do you have good luck in the woods also. I have only used my blinds for turkey hunting in the past. But I am heading out in a few hours to set one of mine up on my land to deer hunt from. I know I have to brush it in well. My primary concern is the spots I have picked out are in woods,as I have only wooded land no fields.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Usually when I use mine in the woods I will put under a pine or something and brush it in good. I usually put it up near an intersection of a couple of trails. I killed one at five yards like that a couple of years ago. Make sure you get all of the leaves out of the inside.

·
Team #28
5,828 Posts
Usually when I use mine in the woods I will put under a pine or something and brush it in good. I usually put it up near an intersection of a couple of trails. I killed one at five yards like that a couple of years ago. Make sure you get all of the leaves out of the inside.
2 excellent points in this post. Under a nice pine tree in the woods while brushing it in works very well. Alwasy remove the leaves from the inside, decreases noise.

·
Registered
415 Posts
do you always have to brush them in the woods or can you set it up and not hunt it for a month or so to let the deer get used to it?

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
One of my best set ups is one of my blinds. I have three ground blinds set up and they are all on the edge of draws/field edges. I feel more comfortable with tree stands back in the woods but obviously if you have a clean entry/exit to your blind, you can have success with it anywhere.

·
Registered
5,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I set mine up today on an inside corner between hardwoods and thick pines. I backed it up under a pine and brushed it in with pine limbs. This corner has always been a great spot so it work great.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts