Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
?????for in a blind

I've adapted a hat light to my trophy ridge sight for low light and blind hunting.
I love my Vital Bow Gear 5 pin for picking up ambient light :)

·
Registered
376 Posts
The best setup is anything with a light. WDO

·
Registered
88 Posts
If you want to stay P and Y legal I think its hard to beat a VBG for picking up all the light possible.

If your not concerned with that look at just about any sight with an blue or purge light. I like the Extreme line of sights myself.:wink:

ALSO a large peep helps a great deal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
17,328 Posts
If you'll be hunting from one of the many popular blackened interior blinds then I would strongly suggest a sight light. I use and love Trophy Ridge sights and their blue led light works perfectly. Good luck and good huntin'

·
Registered
416 Posts
I used a trohy ridge with light last year. 1 major problem is when the light is on the pin is so bright you have a hard time seeing your target. Shooting a VBG startrack this year and bear hunting was no problem seeing pin till end of shooting time. Shooting out of a DB matrix...

Attachments

·
Registered
9,843 Posts
Take one of the Cobra sights in a dark room out of the package and see how it looks to you.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I use a spot hogg hogg-it and their light. The light by itself though is to bright. What I did was take a piece of black electrical tape and placed it over the light. Took one of my wife’s sewing needles and put a small hole in the tape. Just enough light comes through to light up the pins and level but it doesn't blind you.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Hha

If I were you I would also take a good look at HHA. I have used the VBG sights and I like the HHA ones better. Very bright in any condition...right up to dark.

Tom

·
Registered
167 Posts
exhunter said:
thsanks...any other suggestions?
I just got a Trophy Ridge Matrix. It comes with some small glow type sticks that you snap in half and shake to activate, then slide them into a small hole in the sight beside the fiber optics. Their suppossed to last 12 hours. No electronics, should be legal for you.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts