Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have had aground blind set up for about a month...question is does or will a deer decoy help divert attention? ive used decoy from tree hunting (with mixed reactions from deer) but was wondering about ground blind
any thoughts?

·
Registered
2,707 Posts
exhunter,
Like you, I have only used decoys while hunting from treestands, but have had good success with them. I've been using Renzo feeding doe decoys for 3 years. :)

I've read other replies and posts on the same topic and decoys definately help distract or divert the deer's attention from the blind. :nod: Even so, I would still be certain to brush in your blind.

Not to assume anything, but facing the doe decoy(s) away from your position works best. This allows a buck to approach from behind the doe. :thumb: The opposite works for buck decoys.

Good hunting, Bowhunter57

·
Registered
611 Posts
Be careful with the ground blind and decoy combo. We had a Montana Decoy shot two seasons ago while hunting on private ground. That was a two dimensional decoy that now has a nice 12ga slug hole in it. I wouldn't have wanted to be sitting on the ground that day!

·
Relocated Cajun
10,974 Posts
exhunter said:
any other comments?
If you put the decoy in the blind with you it won't do much good.....learned that the hard way :wink:

I like using decoys to tick off does...cause they got their own little territory and come out to find another doe feeding in their spot, you get a..."what the heck are you doing here missy??!!!!"

I once had a doe smelled where I walked then came back to check out the decoy...too cool.....

I say go for it......I liked the grazing decoy myself....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts