Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was out yesterday moving a stand yesterday with my son and I found what seemed to be a start of a ground scrap.Had deer tracks in it,so I'm postive it wasn't made by turkeys.Isn't it a little early in Michigan for them?

·
Registered
199 Posts
You would think so wouldnt ya- I have a buddy that I used to run with In STanwood MIchigan and it never failed -every year by the first of september he would have scrapes all over the place.

By bow season he usually shot a buck out of one of those scrapes the first morning of the Archery season. Meanwhile my property 30 miles northeast of there would barely show any signs of a buck even being in the neighborhood.

Go Figure ...

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bad thing (if you want to call it bad,I guess I wouldn't) I set the stand there mainly for a buddy of mine that hunts with me.My buddy after many years of bow hunting before hunting with me had never taken a deer with his bow.A few years ago I set him up with a stand on the property I hunted and boom he shoots a 5pt.I feel very lucky that that I was the one who set him up with his first bow kill.I guess thats why I say I wouldn't call it a real bad thing.Don't get me wrong I'll hunt that stand too but I did do it for him.He couldn't help as he is recovering from a AC tear in ankle.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
any ideas

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
that makes sence.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts