Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
Isaiah 6:8
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are some ways you guys have found to grow the sport and get more people interested?

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
why???

·
Shootin and Cussin
23,210 Posts
Well, back in the BC time frame (before COVID) I taught intro classes twice a month. At the shop we had 6 intro classes per month and had pretty good attendance. I don't think very many folks stuck with it as a hobby but I do know a couple did.

Reactions: Dbolick

·
Registered
878 Posts
I quit bowhunting for about 15 years, when i started back i used my old bow (Mathews SQ2) but recently purchased a new Black 3, i took my old bow and replaced the strings and made sure everything was right and gave it to a coworker that is interested in bowhunting but didn't have extra money to get started.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, back in the BC time frame (before COVID) I taught intro classes twice a month. At the shop we had 6 intro classes per month and had pretty good attendance. I don't think very many folks stuck with it as a hobby but I do know a couple did.
"before covid" :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I quit bowhunting for about 15 years, when i started back i used my old bow (Mathews SQ2) but recently purchased a new Black 3, i took my old bow and replaced the strings and made sure everything was right and gave it to a coworker that is interested in bowhunting but didn't have extra money to get started.
I've thought about doing the same thing, I need to get my cable replaced because it is in bad shape

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Archery is one of the oldest sports, hobbies, whatever in the world. I really doubt it needs any help on growing. Everybody knows what it is and those who are interested in it are in it. That's my why.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I see growth in the sport as more opportunities for people who are already involved, my 3D shoots, my indoor shots, more shops, more ranges, etc. Also it's just fun and I would love to have more people in my area that I can connect and shoot with. Here in East Tennessee there isn't a huge demand for it

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Archery is one of the oldest sports, hobbies, whatever in the world. I really doubt it needs any help on growing. Everybody knows what it is and those who are interested in it are in it. That's my why.
sure everyone knows what it is on the very surface level but if you go ask your regular joe what 3D archery is there's a strong chance they will have no idea. there's so much more to archery than what people think

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
More bow hunters in my hunting areas, blowing on their bugle every 5 minutes because that’s what they saw on tv.
I totally understand that argument!

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
what do you see being some adverse consequences of growing it?
None really ,I hardly have the time to enjoy it for myself let alone worry about if other people want to enjoy it . I have a son and another child on the way that I'll introduce to it but other then that I dont see pushing it on anyone in the near future.

·
Back Yard Champion
28,205 Posts
NASP (The Future of Archery) failed so how do you figure any single person can grow archery on the whole?

Sure, individuals can get 1 or 2 started every once in while, but not on grand scale...........

The S3DA took off pretty good and still growing..........https://www.s3da.org/

Reactions: Dbolick

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
OP, I have to disagree. 3d tournaments have been around for decades. If you want to shoot a bow great, if you don't great. You will find away to do it if you're interested.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
NASP (The Future of Archery) failed so how do you figure any single person can grow archery on the whole?

Sure, individuals can get 1 or 2 started every once in while, but not on grand scale...........

The S3DA took off pretty good and still growing..........https://www.s3da.org/
if every person just got one person involved then the sport just doubled

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
OP, I have to disagree. 3d tournaments have been around for decades. If you want to shoot a bow great, if you don't great. You will find away to do it if you're interested.
guess it just depends how prevalent archery is in your area

1 - 20 of 116 Posts