Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't get these things to stick consistently! Some I can't tear off to save my life, most I can pick off like grapes. Am I missing the boat on something here? Should i switch glues? Should i be prepping the shafts a certain way? Should i acetone the base of the blazers? This is what I'm using GT 22's, Goat Tuff Glue, and green and black mini blazers. Someone please help me! :sad:

·
Registered
36,982 Posts
The secret to Goat Tuff is use very little . I use wraps on my arrows it also helps ...

·
Registered
481 Posts
I sand my shafts with 150 grit sand paper & wipe the dust off with a dry paper towel & have had no troubles. You do have to let them sit a little longer(about 1 minute) than say AAE vanes. I also use goat tuff glue.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Do not clean the base of the Blazers with anything but a wipe with a clean rag. I have used Goat Tuff with them and I have never had a vane adhere more tightly to a shaft.

·
32,715 Posts
I've got three dozen GT 22s and what I do is use very fine steel wool to kinda take the glaze off and I use wraps. The Blazers will stay on the wraps and try the Locktite Super Glue. You won't have any come off after that.

·
In 'Da Head
24,266 Posts
I did GT 22's about a 1 1/2 months ago with Blazers and using 95% isopropanol to clean the GT 22 shaft. (I have access to 95%, but you can get 91% commercially. I am not sure the extra 4% makes any difference, just don't use 70%). I didn't touch or clean the Blazer per manufacturer's recommendations and then used Bohning Quantum XT. I can't rip those things off. I have had a couple bury in a hay bale and they still hold strong. I haven't lost a single one yet.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts