Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can I Get Some Input On The New Gold Tip 30x Pro And The 30 X.
I Would Like To Now If They Would Work For The Indoor Season.
And How You Set Them Up For Length And Tip Weight And What Fletches.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
I had great success shooting the 30X Pros inddors last season. I have mine cut at 30". I use 190 gr points (150 gr bullet point with 2 20 gr weights added), for fletching I'm currently using Easton 380 Diamond vanes fletched straight with a sight offset. I use the GT pin nock bushing with Magnocks.

If you need any more help, send me a PM

Darrel

·
Registered
711 Posts
Darrel said:
I had great success shooting the 30X Pros inddors last season. I have mine cut at 30". I use 190 gr points (150 gr bullet point with 2 20 gr weights added), for fletching I'm currently using Easton 380 Diamond vanes fletched straight with a sight offset. I use the GT pin nock bushing with Magnocks.

If you need any more help, send me a PM

Darrel
Do you get them to spine this way?

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
From what I have noticed, the spine on the large carbon arrows is not as critical as it is on the aluminum shafts. If I remember correctly, the spine on the 30X Pros is .150. I don't think you could add enough weight to break down the spine to the poundage that most shooters use indoors. I shoot them at 54 lbs with a 28.5" draw and they will shoot bullet holes from 6" all the way to 20 yds.

Darrel

·
Registered
711 Posts
I did the same thing with X7 2613s. But wouldn't the setup be for forgiving of the occasional form flaw if the arrow was spined properly?

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
So far I have no complaints with my set up for forgiveness. But you may be correct.....

Darrel

·
Registered
711 Posts
Darrel said:
So far I have no complaints with my set up for forgiveness. But you may be correct.....

Darrel
Some of us (me) need all the help we can get.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
lol :D

Darrel

1 - 8 of 8 Posts