Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cannot find an Alien X anywhere near me (Central Fl) but have looked at a friend's GT 500....unfortunately at 1" too long a draw (30"...I shoot 29") and 80#!!!!...I shoot 65#. I am looking for anyone who has shot both to give me some feedback on these two as I narrowed my selection down to them. My friend's GT 500 felt very nice even though we only got it down to 72#....smooth pull.

Thanks for any help and thoughts.

Gary

·
Registered
13 Posts
i would get an alien!

·
Registered
13,750 Posts
ive have both and have shot several of both, to me the alien x is the winner,, the elite is smooth quiet and fast the alien is smooth quiet and fast, both are tack drivers, neither bow is heavy, but the alien is lighter the gt500 doesnt seem to have as much valley making holding at full draw a bit more work , both hold very well and i like the feel of both,,, but the shorter a to a of the alien makes it a better bow to hunt with, and the price being lower on the alien makes it a better buy!!

·
Pick a spot, Don't punch
1,822 Posts
I have shot both of them exstensively. The GT has a little smoother draw on the back end where it transitions into the valley. The Alien is a little bit deader in the hand and a little quieter as well. Shorter bows tend to have a little less vibe. Both pretty close in terms of oversall feel. I can get 8 to 10 more fps out of the Aliens vs the GT-500. BOth great bows cannot go wrong either way......For the price difference it would be hard not to go with the AX.

Gentry

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Should have included that it would be for hunting....so yep, shorter ATA is important. Thanks gents for the posts.

Gary

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I've shot both and I would say go with the alien x as well. Don't get me wrong the elites are amazing bows. I've owned elites and dealt with the company and they are top notch in every aspect. But personally inthink the alien is smoother drawing, quieter, more dead in the hand, lighter, looks cooler, and just flat out holds and shoots like a longer ata bow. Also it's gonna be faster than the gt. Both have very solid backwalls if tuned well. The only department where the gt wins for me is the grip department. The alien grip is a little blocky but still I could get used to it. All in all both great bows with great customer service. My shootin partner has an alien and I absolutely love shooting that bow. I'm basically speechless every time I shoot that thing. I'll probably be getting one, or maybe even an alien z!

·
Registered
24,925 Posts
idk about elite

but i have an AX and its by far the best bow i ever shot. im not brand loyal at all and shot every bow i could get my hands on before buying.

the draw is wear it got me. like wow. just so smooth all the way through with no bumps in the cycle. and it holds on target amazing. i love it

go try and shoot one

·
Registered
54 Posts
I just ordered an alien and I shot just about everthing else. I really tried to make myself buy the GT500 as we have a really good local dealer and I had to order the alien. Like mentioned earlier the grip is about the only thing I liked better on the GT500. I thought the alien drew just a little bit smoother but had a much better valley and held a lot more solid. Can't wait to get the call saying my AX is on the ready to go.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts