Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this has been beat to death: I am a new shooter and am using GT expeditions (they are working fine for now) when I buy my next ½ or dozen arrows should I step up to the xt’s? Why? are they worth the extra $15? Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
447 Posts
I started with the expeditions and had no complaints but like you I wanted to step up to the next best thing. I bought a dozen and I like them but I don't think I can tell much if any difference. They might be a little better at grouping but probably not enough to ever really notice. Buy a 1/2 dozen and try them. Watch the classifieds... They show up pretty often.

·
Registered
12,192 Posts
Sorry if this has been beat to death: I am a new shooter and am using GT expeditions (they are working fine for now) when I buy my next ½ or dozen arrows should I step up to the xt’s? Why? are they worth the extra $15? Thanks for any help.
You say that the Expeditions are working fine, so I would say "NO". You are only looking at .003" + or - on straightness difference.

·
Registered
143 Posts
The only difference in the XT's from the expeditions is the tolerance and the label. It is such a minut difference that our own human mistakes cover up the imperfections within the arrows but as you start to become better, you will notice some difference with the arrows. If you can justify spending more for more consistancy than do so. You can even step up more to the Pro Hunters and they are better yet. But like the saying goes, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. good luck in your adventures.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the replies, I am using the 4 inch plastic vain expeditions what would I gain/loose going to the 2 inch vains? I think I will just stick with the expeditions for a bit. I have a very bad/expensive habit of pushing the envelope with almost anything I touch so the lower cost is good for me I am the type of person to break arrows because a though enters my mind and I can not say no and I try it.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
^--- if it matters I am running 52-53 lbs pull right now at 28 inch draw. I may give turkey hunting a try in the fall (dont feel accurate enough for spring) and will more then likely run 55-60 lbs for that.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts