Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking for the ideal short draw bow for target shooting (25" 50lbs). After shortlisting all ATA 33" that have a 25" draw, I narrowed it down to a Maxxis 35 (yes you can custom order them with z3 cams) and the Elite GT500 (cuda cams). I am really curious how they would stack up against each other.

Anyone shot both a Maxxis 35 and an Elite GT500 that can give us some insight?

Thanks
K

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Elite GT500 (cuda cams).

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
Elite makes nice bows and so does hoyt. I'm on the fence with that one but would probably go with maxxis.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
I had a GT500 30" 60#, nice bow, just did not shoot it well. I have a Maxxis 35 30" 60# on order black out!

·
Registered
501 Posts
You can't go wrong with either one. But, what you'll have to do is attempt to shoot both of them. Granted, it's going to be tuff w/ the draw length that you have. But at least attempt somehow. Knowing of course, it's going to shoot better at your correct draw length, and not a inch or two longer.

At least this way, you'll have some "feel" for the bow. And you'll have something to go by, when you order, and then get the bow in your hands.

But, as for my pick tho. Maxxis 35.

~Dustin

·
Registered
11,379 Posts
I would have to go with the Gt500 myself.

I personally like the binary cams on the elite better than the hybrid on the hoyts.

Both great bows.

·
Shooter of flesh
7,660 Posts
I love my 35! And I'm a 27" DL...right at the limit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts